-8-

Once Yuichiro and Muichiro finished bathing, I showed the twins to their room. "Here's where you'll sleep. Two twin beds if you wish to sleep separately, but if you'd want to sleep together for the first few nights they're big enough for two."

"Thank you Mama," Muichiro replied, hugging me. Thank goodness they're taller and don't apply the pressure to my legs like the youngsters.

Yuichiro ran into the room, leaping on the bed and letting out an 'oof' as he flopped up and down. The older twin turned to me, nodding firmly. "Very comfy. Thank you... Mama..."

SO CUTE! I internally squealed, smiling softly at Yuichiro and ushering Muichiro into the room. "Of course, only the best for my kiddos."

Yuichiro smirked, snuggling under the covers as Muichiro looked at his bed sadly, casting a longing glance over to Yuichiro. I sighed, "Cranky, would you mind if Mui slept with you tonight?"

Muichiro smiled at me, turning his beaming smile toward his twin with his best puppy dog eyes. Yuichiro rolled his eyes, flipping open his covers. Muichiro dove in next to him, practically smothering Yuichiro, but all the other boy did was smile.

"Goodnight, Cranky." I playfully glared at Yuichiro who returned the glare before shifting my eyes to Muichiro. "Goodnight, Love Bug."

"Goodnight, Mama," they both returned, causing me to turn off the light and crack the door slightly.

I walked down the hallway, checking in on everyone else's rooms, pleased to see all in bed and asleep. I made my way back to my chambers, sitting at my desk to look over the rest of the kids in the psych-ward. Four children left...

Senjuro: quiet, claimed to be mute, one elder brother. Age: 9.

Kanao: mute, flips a coin to make her decisions, two elder sisters. Age: 12.

Inosuke: loud, outspoken, hot-headed. Age: 10.

Daki: only listens to her older brother. Age: 8.

I'm hoping to figure out who and where Senjuro, Kanao, and Daki's siblings are, then reunite them. It's truly horrible when siblings get separated. The way they'll lose hope of ever seeing each other again... I'll start with Senjuro, he seems to be quiet and meek, but with the right motivation... I may be able to help him out of there.

My gaze wandered over to my nightstand drawer, thinking about what lies inside. I shouldn't... Not tonight, at least. I need to quit anyways before someone finds out, but it's hard when you've done it non-stop for the past 10 years... and when poison is freely at your disposal.

I lit all the candles in my room, masking the metallic scent and turning off the lights. The soft glow from the candles eased me slightly, but I knew the chance of me getting a full night's sleep was unlikely.