chapter three ; boyz n the hood

••

We came back after E finish the song which took hours for him just rap the lyrics. Everyone was here to check out the lyrics.

They greet me with a forty and I started drinkin'
And from the eight-ball my breath start stinkin'
Left to get my girl, to rock that body
Before I left I hit the Bacardi
Went to her house to get her out of the pad
Dumb hoe said somethin' that made me mad
She said somethin' that I couldn't believe
So I grabbed the stupid bitch by her nappy-ass weave
She started talkin' shit, wouldn't you know?
Reached back like a pimp and slapped the ho
Her father jumped out and he started to shout
So I him threw a right cross, cold-knocked him out
'Cause the boys in the hood are always hard
You come talkin' that trash we'll pull your card
Knowin' nothin' in life, but to be legit
Don't quote me, boy, 'cause I ain't said shit

"So what's up D.O.C you think they'll play that shit in Dallas?"Dre asked d.o.c who has a girl wrap around his shoulders.

"To be honest that shit is super dope! I mean damn great job Cube!"D.O.C said to him. They dab him up.

"Ay Alonzo Whatchu think?"

"Sounds like a waste of time to me. What you need to do is get back to working that slow jam we talked about. This low rider in jail, realty rap shit. Nobody wants to hear that shit. Nobody wants to hear this shit. Twenty years from now you gon' thank me for this."Alonzo complains to Dre and the rest of them I was just seating here smoking bud minding my own business.

"N in twenty years from now you still gonna be making love songs in this dusty garage."Dre says while the all of laughed at his comment.

"Wrap this shit up."Alonzo said while Dre rolls his eyes at him. "You got it."

"No you got it!"He yelled at him we all laugh at him because of how angry he got. Cube started the song over and over again.

"So what you think about this Danny?"E asked me while everybody was singing along with the song.

"It's hella good. Surprised that you did it. You have a cool voice."I laugh while he chuckles.

"Thank you Dannylynn."

Next Day

All of us are at the studio waiting for this girl that was gonna sing the female part for Wreckin Cru new album. It's funny that they used eyeliner lip stick all that shit that Lonzo tells Yella and Dre to do.

"Alonzo is she coming or what?"Dre asked in a annoyed tone. Apparently he heard her singing in her store and decided to hire her.

"Hold on."

"Come on Lonzo where does this chick live? Mars?"He asked the boys laughing in the background. Eric is sitting two seats away from me. I have to be honest he's cute.

"Chill out man, I told you she had to get off work."

Right after he said that a short girl that was about the same height as me walked in she has short hair, with hazel eyes. The guys immediately stood up when they saw her. She's really pretty.

"Whoa, I don't think Martian's look like that Dre."I heard Eazy say.

"Guys this is...uhm...uh."Lonzo forgets the girls named. "Michel'le."

Shit. Her voice is super squeaky I was super surprised when I heard her voice..

"What?"

"Michel'le thats my name."She said again. no way. I couldn't believe the sound of her voice. After a second the guys began laughing at the poor girls voice expect me. She seems nice.

"You gotta be kidding me, this bitch sounds like Minnie Mouse,"Dre said. "Aye man give her a chance."Yella says to him.

"You know what I came here to sing so if you don't want me to then screw it and screw you."Michel'le says to Dre who laughs at her comment. The guys oohed at her as she turns around and leaves I chase after the girl.

"The mouse just told me to screw myself."

"She probably sings good,"I said talking she looks at me confused. "Do you sing?"

"No. I rap."

"Oh that's cool. Female rappers are rare."She chuckles. "I'm Danny."

"Michel'le nice to meet you."

"Don't listen to them most of them are dicks no offense."I said to her she chuckles a little. She walked in the booth, they gotta give this girls try at least. She stood in front the microphone not knowing what to do next.

"Put the cans on,"

"The what?!"

"The cans! Headphones."She puts the headphones on covering her ears. He starts the beat for her to sing the song.

... Before you turn off the lights
Let's get one thing understood
If you plan to make love to me
You've got to do it good
'Cause I'm a hell of a woman
And for me it takes a hell of man
So don't you dare turn off the lights
Unless this you understand.

She sings hella good I was super surprised I thought it would be squeaky or something.

"Was that okay?"

"Hell yeah!"We all shout unison.

"Damn, uh. What did you say your name was?"Dre asked her. "Michel'le."

"Michel'le, well that's beautiful. We gonna take it from the top. Okay?"

"Okay."The two of them smiling at each other. She's blushing. She began singing it again. Michel'le hang around with us for a little awhile she's cool.

"I've seen you before in school. You hang with Diana."She tells me she mentions the girl I mostly I hang around with.

"How y'know Diana?"

"Everyone knows her. Duh. You're a junior in high school right?"She asks me. "Yeah and you?"

"Me too."

She left because she had to go work at the shop she works at. I caught Eric looking at me.

"The fuck you looking at?"

"Damn why so rude?"

"I'm just playing around with you."I chuckle a little.