Chapter 14: The Dream Catcher

The heat glued to his back would normally have been incredibly uncomfortable, unbearable, and would make him want to turn the temperature to sub-zero conditions in order to bear it; except, the source of the supernova against his skin was one he reveled in instead. The only exception to the rules.

Mile. The love of his life.

Apo was exceptionally giddy at being able to consider Mile this important aspect of his life but, to have it reciprocated, left him on cloud nine. Or cloud ten.

"Mile? Are you awake?"

No reply save for the soft snores that Apo was slowly committing to memory, as hot air inhaled at his nape then exhaled against his hairline, leaving goosebumps on his arms that were wound tightly around a pillow. The silky fabric was still something he was attempting to get used to; however, it was an adjustment he was finding easy to make.

After their confession to one another that night, it was like the first domino had been gently nudged, falling off the ledge of the table it had been stacked on, toppling into the rest of the dominos below that were in line, shifting into place to create an arrow to the path he was supposed to take. Hand-in-hand with Mile. It was rapidly becoming the norm for Apo who had been whisked away to Egypt with his boyfriend days after their first meeting, why did he expect anything different from them living together?

Mile took care of everything.

The movers, the new home selection (after Apo had been consulted specifically as to what he needed as well with his vocal stipulations, and Mile could only type them all out to Preethi to help the process for them), and the rest was history. Apo fell right into the new surroundings like a duck to water. It was a stunning two floor house, that was not in the main city, but in a wonderful neighborhood that wasn't extremely extravagant, but was private and safe, they had plenty of space for one another. He told Mile they could've just moved into his own apartment or the billionaires, only to get an adamant head shake and insistence from Mile, that as this was a new chapter of their life, they needed a new place as well.

Apo wanted to argue at the unnecessary expenditure, yet somehow there was an underlying despair from Mile's eyes and tone that begged him to concede. And he did. Those damned puppy eyes. He needed to get better at saying no.

It was hard though when Mile doted on him, never left him feeling neglected by a man who normally worked himself to the bone, it was surprising. He consulted Preethi, (after stealing the assistant's phone number from Mile's phone when he'd been allowed to play a game on it since he refused to pay for it himself or let Mile pay extra) only to get confirmation that Mile wanted to assimilate himself into the honeymoon period with Apo, that he took on less meetings, assigned projects to other managers; and it made his heart flutter. The improbable consideration just made Apo want to work harder to find work and, in the meantime, worked to make their new home truly theirs.

A little bit each day, Apo would unpack four boxes – two of Mile's, two of his – and just decorate to bring their home to life. Learn the groceries that Mile liked and apparently, there was no expense too high for their tastes. So, he splurged just a tiny bit, learned the cuisine as best he could with the free time that he had, and tended to Mile in other ways to compensate for him providing for them for the moment. The deal was that Mile would pay for the accommodations and Apo would pay for the amenities. He'd been about to get a lecture, so put his foot down on the threat that he'd just simply move back to his own apartment, only to get arms wrapped around his waist and kisses peppering his face, that Mile conceded to the terms and conditions.

Before he knew it, another two weeks had passed, and the heavy weight of Mile's arm around his lithe waist, the breath against the nape of his neck, and the morning wood nestled against his ass, became a routine he'd literally kill for.