𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓢𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷

𝖶𝖺𝗋𝗇𝗂𝗇𝗀: 𝖦𝗈𝗋𝖾 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖼𝗋𝗂𝗆𝖾 𝗌𝖼𝖾𝗇𝖾

𝙳𝚊𝚛𝚔 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚎 - 𝙻𝚊𝚗𝚊 𝙳𝚎𝚕 𝚁𝚎𝚢

- - -

"Hello," Freddie Lounds called out, walking in the office. "Dr. Carruthers?"

"Ms. Lounds, come on in," she heard a voice. The same male voice that called her on her phone.

Her hand reached for the door nob and opened the office door that said 'Dr. Carruthers' on it. When the door fully opened, her pupils meet with only Gideon himself behind a chair. And in that chair was Dr. Carruthers himself.

Dead.

"Now, you wrote in your Tattler archive that the Chesapeake Ripper once moved a man's tongue and used it as a bookmark for his Bible. They call this a Colombian Necktie," Gideon said, touching a cut off tongue and yet stitched to the dead doctor to his neck. The tongues nerves were still responding slightly and Gideon looked up to look at Lounds.

~ ~

"Dr. Paul Carruthers wrote an article for the Journal of Criminal Psychology. In which he described Dr. Gideon as being a pathological narcissist who suffers from psychotic episodes," Jack said.

"Let's hope he got some satisfaction from being proved right," Y/n said, staring at the body from the distance of the psychiatrist.

"I think this is more than just getting the Chesapeake Ripper's attention," Jack commented.

"Gideon's mind was dissected by psychiatrists and, as a surgeon, he is applying his own skill set," Y/n said walking closer to the body, as Brian who was looking closely to the body looked at her. "He gave you something better to do with your tongue than wag it," she added.

"W-.. that's not how he died. Drained him until his heart stopped," Brian said.

"Got a little on his collar. Other than that, didn't spell a drop," Beverly said, who was standing by the door.

"That's because it's all in here," Jimmy said, grabbing a medical pouch of blood that was on the desk in a small cooler. "Four and a half liters all packed in ice."

Jimmy took a note that was at the side and read it. "Please deliver to the Red Cross," Jimmy read.

"That's considerate," Beverly said in sarcasm.

"He's peacocking for the Ripper," Jack then said.

"This is like flowers and chocolate before a first date," Y/n added.

"What do you know about dating," Jimmy said, making Y/n look at him.

Brian looked confused, "you date," he looked at Jimmy. "You both date," he pointed to both Jimmy and Y/n.

"Even though my dating life may be shocking to you, Brian," she emphasized his name, as she walked towards the body where Brian was. "Yet it's been working for me."

"Tell me Miss expert," Brian said.

"I guess I just have a knack for keeping things interesting," she said, squatting down on the to the body as Jimmy expressed a face of shock with an upside down smile.

"You should take some dating advice," Jimmy teased Brian, making Brian respond with a scoff.

"From a girl that probably never felt real love," he said.