𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂

𝖶𝖺𝗋𝗇𝗂𝗇𝗀: 𝖫𝖺𝗇𝗀𝗎𝖺𝗀𝖾 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇 𝗈𝖿 𝖼𝗋𝗂𝗆𝖾 𝗌𝖼𝖾𝗇𝖾

- - -

*knock knock*

It was around 7:51 p.m. when Bedila heard a knock on her door.

"Dr. DuMaurier. I'm Special Agent Jack Crawford with the FBI," Jack said, showing her his badge. "I'd like to talk to you about a patient of yours."

Bedila invited Jack in the house. She walked to her kitchen and Jack followed her behind.

"Do you have a court order?"

"Well, I'd rather not get one unless I have to," Jack said.

"So it's not an official inquiry," Bedila said.

"Not yet," Jack added. "I'd hate to damage anyone's reputation unnecessarily."

"Whose reputation would that be," Bedila asked as she grabbed the bottle of wine on the counter.

"I suspect that Dr. Hannibal Lecter may be withholding pertinent information involving a murder investigation," Jack said as Bedila served herself wine.

Bedila looked up at Jack and raised the bottle of wine offering him and he politely rejected.

"So.. he hasn't confided in the FBI. You are hoping he's confided in his psychiatrist, and that I'll tell you," Bedila said, taking a sip of wine.

"Yes ma'am," Jack said. "It's not that I think Dr. Lecter is dangerous. I don't. I am concerned about a relationship he has with one of his patients, a woman named Y/n Y/l."

"Without consent or a court order, I'd be in breach of confidentiality," Bedila said.

"That's correct. So, if we can't discuss Dr. Lecter, perhaps we can discuss you," Jack said, taking a few steps forward. "You were attacked by a patient not too long ago. I read the report. I know that there was a statement given by Dr. Lecter."

"The patient who attacked me was a former patient of Dr. Lecter," Bedila said.

"And be was referred to you by Dr. Lecter?"

"Yes," She replied.

"And this patient almost killed you," Jack shot back.

"He swilled his tongue while he was attacking me," Bedila added. "That's the only thing that saved my life."

"Thank God for small favors," Jack said.

"Yes, thank God," Bedila said, taking another sip of wine.

"You should know there was another attack recently in Dr. Lecter's office. It involved another patient. Two dead, including the patient."

"That's not bad psychology, Agent Crawford. Putting me in a position to defend or not to defend Dr. Lecter," Bedila pointed out.

"You have to admit he's had some pretty strange relationships with some of his patients."

"Complicated patients are conducive to complicated relationships," Bedila said.

"Alright. How far do you think Dr. Lecter would go in his therapy to treat a patient," Jack asked. "Specifically Y/n Y/l."

"Hannibal refers to Y/n Y/l more as a friend than as a patient," Bedila said.

"How far do you think he would go to treat a friend?"

"Well, he doesn't have many of them, so I imagine he'd be loyal. I know that he's concerned about Y/n Y/l and.. I know that he wants to help her."