𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂-𝓢𝓲𝔁

𝖶𝖺𝗋𝗇𝗂𝗇𝗀: 𝖦𝗈𝗋𝖾/ 𝖼𝗋𝗂𝗆𝖾 𝗌𝖼𝖾𝗇𝖾

- - -

*Knock Knock Knock*

"Y/n," Hannibal called out through the door of her bedroom.

*Knock Knock Knock*

Y/n woke up as she let out small groan, turning  to see the time, marking 11:27 p.m. The knocks of Hannibal were not soft but not loud either. She got up from the bed and walked to the door, using her only source of light. The moon.

Hannibal stopped knocking once he heard her light footsteps, and the shadow of her figure getting closer to the door. She opened the door revealing her half-asleep state. She was squinting looking up at him, "yes?"

"Jack Crawford reached out to say a new body has been found," he said.

- - -

The closer Hannibal drove them to the crime scene the more she can hear the ambulance dashing by them and the police lights getting more visible from the distance.

Hannibal pulled into the drive way and parked the car. Y/n unbuckled her seatbelt without a hurry as she observed the surroundings. She got out of the car and closed the door behind her and walked ahead into the house with small steps. She saw the way the police scattered radios went off, the movements of the footsteps and the shatters between forensics as the clicks of the flashes of the cameras echoed in her ears.

April was taking pictures and in one of the pictures she captured Y/n. She smiled and got up her feet.

"Y/n," she called out to her with a smile on her face.

Y/n's eyes shifted to April's voice and she gave her a small nod. April has found herself close to Y/n even though Y/n does not socialize with her. But April wishes she would one day hoping they can be friends, she found Y/n interesting. She admired her in a way. She was so reserved, honest, polite, but yet she doesn't let anyone step on her. She admires that about her.

"You always seem to out stand yourself," April pointed out.

"Is that a good thing," Y/n questioned. "Sometimes standing out brings more scrutiny than one desires," Y/n added.

April's smiled, "In my world, it's the intriguing ones who often hold the answers."

Y/N's gaze lingers on April, a subtle curiosity in her eyes.

"Answers can be both a gift and a curse, depending on the questions asked," Y/n replied sincerely.

"Maybe one day, over a cup of coffee, you'll share some of those answers," she said in a unsecure tone of voice, and made herself seem a little small when Y/n turned her head to look at her.

"Maybe," Y/n replied softly, and looked back in front of them where the body of a middle aged woman was laying.

"April, come here! You still have more pictures to take," one the people from her team yelled.

As April returns to her duties, Y/N continues to survey the scene, her gaze did go to April for a little bit then shifted back to the body.

She took a few steps forwards and the background noises became more faint. She saw the way a man was getting zipped in a black bag, her eyes scattering around and soon her eyes stopped and focused down on the body. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes.

The ambient pulse was of light flash through her eyes, taking her back from the start.

The outside police lights and the sound of the ambulance were gone and only the a dark night being flashed but the home lights. She looked at the house for a couple of seconds before blinking slowly and the sounds of crickets met her ears.