Never Alone [Tingyun]

fluff (⁄ ⁄•⁄ω⁄•⁄ ⁄)⁄

You frowned as you woke up to the sounds of quiet whimpers.

Turning around in the bed, you caught sight of your lover, clenching her pillow tightly as a few tears rolled down her cheeks.

You and Tingyun had been dating for only a month and a half. This was actually your first time in her bed. The two of you fell asleep reading together.

You hadn't meant to stay so long but she was so comforting and her bed was so soft, you couldn't help yourself. You even told her that if you were to fall asleep, to be sure to wake her up so you didn't overstay your welcome.

She simply chuckled and murmured that she wouldn't mind if you did stay. The smile on her face as she said those words to you was such a contrast to what was on her face right now.

Her furrowed brows and her lips were casted downwards, a grimace so obviously on her face.

Her chest heaved up and down in a fast motion, it was as if she was having a panic attack. She shifted lightly, continuously jerking her tail and legs as if she running away or towards something.

"Don't leave me," she murmured softly as her grip on her pillow tightened even more, ripping through, "please."

Your heart broke at the sight of her, you were about to pull her into a hug when she quickly jerked awake into a sitting position, making you jump from the suddenness.

She gasped for breath as her eyes darted around the room as if she was waiting for something to jump out and attack her.

Tears kept cascading down her face.

You sat up as well, moving slowly so you didn't startle her. Her eyes quickly caught your movement and you froze when she locked eyes with you.

Clear relief was in her facial expression when she saw you. Her breathing was still slightly erratic but not as bad as it was.

Then, you moved closer to her and wrapped one around her waist, pressing a gentle kiss to her temple as you gently pulled her against you. She immediately latched herself onto you, turning your side hug into a full cuddle.

Her body was on top of yours, her head resting on top of your chest.

"Do you want to talk about it?" You softly questioned as you laid down on your back, the back of your head resting on one of Tingyun's soft pillows.

You felt Tingyun shake her head as she muttered, "can we just stay like this for awhile?"

"Of course," you whispered as you ran your fingers through her back, planting a kiss on top of her head.

A moment of peaceful silence ensued.

Even though you couldn't see her face, you knew she was still awake. You hummed softly and tightened your hold around her, sighing happily to have her in your arms.

"Your heart is beating so fast," she murmured after a moment causing you to flush, "it's beating even faster now."

Despite the fact she couldn't see you, she already knew you rolled your eyes playfully and was blushing. You scoffed.

"No, it's not. You're just hearing things."

Tingyun giggled against you.

"Oh, really? You're accusing me of terrible hearing?"

You felt your heart skip a beat at her soft giggles and mentally cursed yourself when Tingyun lifted her head up from your chest with a knowing smirk on her face.