chapter six: damage control

Thando's POV

Thando: kanti I'm dating a thug?
Aviwe: don't tuu.

We say arguing on our way to his house. He is angry and driving at a high speed, I don't care. If we die, it's all his fault.

Thando: so you're a thug but you didn't realise that your girlfriend is following you?

I laugh and clap my hands in disbelief.

We finally get to his house and he stops his car in the driveway and asks one of the security dudes to move it.

I follow him inside as he takes off his tie in frustration.

Thando: Aviwe Sibeko, just incase you didn't realise it, im talking to you!
Aviwe: i heard you, ThandolwamI!
Thando: so why don't you answer me?
Aviwe: please, look! I'm begging you.

He holds his hands up together and begs me to stop.

Thando: you could at least explain to me what's going on?
Aviwe: okay. listen, we low-key operate an illegal diamond business, we deal with the importing and exporting of diamonds. we sell them...
Thando: illegally?
Aviwe: I'm not done, you asked me to give you an explanation and that's what I'm giving you so let me be. we sell them and make great profit and then we keep the rare ones as the value increases overtime.
Thando: smart.
Aviwe: are we done? I want to sleep.

He goes upstairs and leaves me there by myself. Should I follow him?

I instantly regret not letting him explain and I follow him upstairs.

Uya's POV

Ntsi: thing is, why did you follow me?
Uya: I'm sorry, we just thought it would be funny and you guys were acting a bit suspicious so...
Ntsi: uyathandwa, do you realise that you actually put your lives in danger by doing that?
Uya: what do you mean?
Ntsi: if they saw you, that makes you their next victims...
Uya: victims of what?

He silently looks out the sliding door that leads to the balcony.

Uya: khuluma!
Ntsi: don't ever raise your voice at me!

He says now standing in front of me. Don't get me wrong, I love my man but he's scary sometimes.

Uya: I wouldn't have to if you used your words!
Ntsi: ngithe don't ever raise your voice at me.
Uya: well, how about we make this easier and you just talk.
Ntsi: you shouldn't have been there, no one should have. that place is strictly for...

He stops as if he almost revealed a secret and he clears his throat.

Ntsi: for illegal activities.
Uya: and so?
Ntsi: you weren't supposed to witness any of that, let us also not forget that you left that car out in the open so it literally told them that there was an unwelcome guest at the scene. what you did today was very irresponsible. we need to repaint and change the license plates on that car.

He walks off and disappears into the bathroom.

Did I really put my life in danger? Who cares? My boyfriend is a gangster. Oh and my brother...

I follow him and find him washing his face. I hug him from behind.

Uya: I'm sorry, baby.
Ntsi: it's okay, my love.

Thando's POV

It's been three hours and he's still not taking to me. I followed him upstairs and I came back to the living room cause he was angry. He still is...

I go upstairs and knock at his door.

Thando: I'm coming in...

I open the door and find him in bed, facing up. He looks so stressed more than anything. I get into bed and rest my head on his chest and I keep tracing his abs with my finger.