chapter twenty-three: noya

Skhu: we'll be out really early tomorrow.
Ntokozo: I know what that means and no.
Skhu: baby...
Ntokozo: no.
Skhu: can I please talk to you in private?

They go to their room which is downstairs and we can hear them arguing. They come back after a while, I guess they reached a conclusion. We all sit and talk about this issue a little while longer before retiring to our rooms. Tyler takes Kayise, he really loves her yoh. Aviwe and I take a shower, get dressed, get in the bed and cuddle until we fall asleep. I find myself waking up at 02:00 and I wake Aviwe up as well. He stands up and sits on the edge of the bed. I go and sit next to him.

Thando: did they kill my parents?
Aviwe: who?
Thando: the Khubeka's.

He nods and looks down.

Thando: so my parents died for diamonds?
Aviwe: it's not just diamonds.
Thando: what is it then and what else do you do?
Aviwe: diamonds, drugs, logistics and money laundering, we also defend big criminals.
Thando: so our lives are in danger because?
Aviwe: the Khubeka's are our rivals and have been digging into our lives for years now. I guess they found you and your parents.
Thando: yoh unbelievable.

I stand up and and leave the room crying. I find Tyler in the kitchen waiting for the water to finish boiling in the kettle. I wipe my tears as soon as he looks at me.

Tyler: I came down to make her a bottle, she might wake up anytime soon.
Thando: you don't have to, there are three bottles in her cooler which is next to her bag in your room.
Tyler: alright then I'll just pour this water in a bowl to warm up the bottles.

He does just that and looks at me.

Tyler: are you okay?
Thando: no, we'll talk about it tomorrow.

Aviwe walks in and Tyler goes back upstairs.

Aviwe: I'm so sorry, baby.

I get up and go to our room. We get in bed and he cuddles me. I try to fight it but I really need my man so I turn around and lay my head on his chest.

06:45
I wake up and make the bed. I take a shower, brush my teeth, do my skincare and lotion my body. I get dressed. I'm wearing a black Adidas tracksuit and a white bodysuit underneath. I wear my black novelty slippers and I put my knotless braids up in a pony. I grab my phone before leaving my room.

Tyler's POV

06:00
I get up early and take a shower. I wear white sweats, a white bodysuit and black novelty slippers. I comb my hair out, I have been growing my hair out so now, I have an afro. I place the baby on the couch with cushions around. I make the bed. I take the baby and give her a bath. I do the whole baby routine and dress her. She's wearing a white winter set, white socks and black novelty slippers. I wash, moisturise and gently comb out her little afro and put a white hairband with a cute little flower on it. I take her and two of her bottles. I wear the kangaroo baby carrier. I place her in it and place her pacifier in her mouth and she lays her head on my chest. She's so adorable. I really want my own. We go downstairs and I find her mom already there watching a reality show. I sit next to her and feed the baby, she burps and goes to sleep.

Thando: I guess i don't have a baby anymore.
Ty: no, you don't. anyway, are you okay? I saw you crying.
Thando: my parents passing has everything to do with this whole thing and more reasons of course but now my parents are gone because of illegal activities.
Ty: I'm sorry, babe.
Thando: it's okay. enough about me, how are you doing?
Ty: not good. I have been trying to get a baby for so long. my adoption application is taking so long and I have already been rejected twice so I don't even know if they'll approve this one. this is really taking a toll on me, it hurts me so bad. I am trying to find a surrogate and it's also a draining process. I'm tired.

I say as the tears roll down my eyes but I wipe them quickly and calm down.

Thando: I understand, especially since you're a multi-millionaire now and have achieved all that you wanted and needed in life.
Ty: you get me? I really feel like this baby is the missing puzzle piece in my life.
Thando: aww babe, I'll carry your baby.
Ty: you know your husband won't agree to that, they are too Zulu these ones.
Thando: they really are hey but we will find you a baby, friend.
Ty: you make it sound so easy.
Thando: it will be.

We head to the kitchen where the rest of the ladies join us. I'm guessing the children are still sleeping. We make cereal and eat. JJ runs in and runs to his mom.

JJ: mommy, mommy!

She picks him up and he gives her a hug and a peck on the cheek.

JJ: JJ miss mommy.
Uya: mama miss you too.

She tickles him and he giggles so sweetly.

Uya: let's go bathe JJ and Nkosi.
JJ: no, mommy!

He runs out and she runs after him.

Uya: JJ! Ntsikelelo Junior Dlamini!

We laugh as she continues running after him.

JJ: no, mommy! JJ, shouldn't bath!
Uya: Junior, ngizok'shaya! (I'll hit you)
JJ: no, mommy!

He starts running around the couch.

Uya: should I call Sibusiso? Uncle...
JJ: okay, mommy but mommy listen to JJ.

He starts pouting and crossing his arms.

JJ: JJ will tell daddy.

Why does he keep speaking of himself as the third person. Childern are so funny. Uya takes him upstairs and bathes both her kids, Emi does the same. They all come back and we watch cartoons with the kids while having our own conversations here and there. Also, breaking up a couple of fights between the kids. The boys comes back a few hours later, in the afternoon though. There is blood on their clothes and faces. Uya follows Ntsikelelo and Sibusiso comes in with a carseat and a baby bag, along with shopping bags which are carried by another guard following behind him. Sibusiso is hot yoh!

Uya's POV

Ntsi finishes taking his shower and comes out. He lotions and gets dressed, his mind is obviously not here. I lay down on the bed and he dies the same, we cuddle for a while and I finally ask.

Uya: what's wrong?
Ntsi: we killed them. we killed every cat, dog, ant or fly in that house but we didn't know there was a baby there until she started crying.
Uya: you killed a baby?
Ntsi: I'm not that heartless.
Uya: so where is she?

He takes my hand and we go downstairs where we find everyone in the lounge surrounding Tyler who is holding a baby girl with tears in his eyes. We also take our seats.

Ty: thank you.

The boys nod.

Thando: we decided that Ty should have her.

I nod and look at her, she's the most adorable thing I've ever seen. She's also extremely lightskinned, almost like Junior but lighter.

Skhu: what are we naming her?
Thando: Siphosenkosi.
Emi: Asante.
Ty: Noya.
Uya: Siphosenkosi Asante Noya Johnson, I love it.
Ntsi: what does Noya mean?
Ty: God's beauty.
Emi: that's nice.
Mpumi: Tyler, your baby is 8 weeks old and we got her some clothes. we didn't know what to get though.
Ty: it's fine.
Skhu: no, it's not. the clothes are so dull but you guys all wear dull clothes so...
Ntokozo: but you also wear dull colours though?
Skhu: ugh women will never side with you.

We laugh, these two are idiots.