chapter eight: wedding bells

THE NEXT MORNING

I still can't believe he didn't tell me that we're getting married. Trust me, it only gets worse because apparently, my white wedding is next week. Lol, this is so crazy.

Anyway, I wake up in the morning and bath and get dressed.

I'm wearing a black jumpsuit and a biker jacket over it. I'm wearing some white sneakers to go with.

I am actually taking Junior home with me. I just think this will help us bond. I also have to tell my mom about it and introduce them to each other.

I go to Juniors room and I also dress him up. He is wearing black jeans, a black t-shirt and a biker jacket with white sneakers as well.

Junior is genuinely so adorable, you can't help but love him. My heart melts everytime I see him. He's lightskinned, like extremely lightskinned, im guessing his mom was white and he has a taper fade. He has cute brown eyes and bushy eyebrows which his dad prefers they trim. He is a short little bundle of joy.

I pack his clothes, toys and everything we need. I pack my stuff as well and ask Ntsikelelo to help me and put them in the car. He does as told and I carry my new baby and place him in his car seater with his juice box and toy car.

I kiss Ntsikelelo goodbye and drive out.

We go to the mall first because I need to get a few things for the both of us. So I go to Sportscene, Woolworth, Mr Price and cotton on to get us some clothes.

We then stop by Spur because we didn't have breakfast so we get there and order some breakfast.

This boy is so busy. He starts by colouring in the little pictures they give children. He then goes to the play area to play around. I fetch him from the play area, not because I want to but because he's crying.

I finally get him to calm down and he starts running around with the waiters. They are just playing along with whatever he is doing. Oh my word.

Waiter: you've got your hands full with this one, huh?

I look at him and laugh. This boy did everything but eat his food.

I call the waiter that was serving us and ask for the bill. I ask for them to put the food in doggy bags because someone is going to be hungry.

Uya: let's go, JJ.

I hold his hand and take our things with and place them in the car before I strap him into his car seat.

We finally arrive at home, after hours of driving and someone throwing tantrums. I'm also obviously, still learning so it was a mission.

I park the car in the garage and take JJ out.

I hold his hand while he has his juice box in the other. This is his second juice box today, lol.

We walk in and we're met by my mom standing at the door shouting at my aunt for I don't know what.

Mom: awwww my baby, who do you have here with you?

She gives me a hug and takes JJ from my hands and carries him in her arms.

He looks at me and pulls out his arms indicating that he wants me to take him.

We laugh and i take him.

Mom: so he's the little boy that he didn't tell you about?
Uya: yes.
Mom: he's so adorable, what's his name?
Uya: Junior.
Mom: well on this side, he is Khumo.

I laugh thinking she's joking.

Mom: no, I'm serious.
Uya: yoh okay. please help me with JJ, I have to fetch some things from the car.
Mom: no, I'm helping your aunts in the kitchen.
Uya: ah mama.
Mom: hu uh, figure it out, mama.
Uya: ugh where are the uncles?
Mom: they went out to get some meat.
Uya: okay.