Chapter 5

YOONGI'S POV

"ATTENTION! ALL STUDENTS SHOULD GATHER IN THE GYM IMMEDIATELY."

I furrowed my eyebrows when I heard it. What's with the sudden announcement? Is it that important?

Some of my classmates sighed in relief, probably because Mr. Bang was about to give a long quiz. Damn, I even studied late last night. I looked at Jimin who stood up first. "Do you have any idea why they're making us go to the gym?" I asked.

He just shrugged, ignoring my question. I rolled my eyes and just left my seat.

As we all gathered in the gym. The President, of course, Park Jimin, was already in front holding a mic with the School Dean.

"We all studied our butts of this sem. So Park Jimin, proposed an event to me. A wonderful event to be honest. You're all lucky to have a president like him. Now let's give a big applause to him!" The Dean raised his hand to him as the students applaud.

"Aahhhh, what could it be?" a girl said near me.

"I bet we'll go to the amusement park again."

"Yea, just like what we did last year!"

He took 5k students to the amusement park? Is he that rich? Or is the budget from the school?

Jimin cleared his throat before talking. "Silence my fellow students. As you can see, we all have stressed ourselves in school. Whether it's about our studies, our families, friends, or whatsoever. This is why I gathered all my courage to propose something to our beloved dean."

"I noticed that all students are gathering always in the library, preparing for upcoming exams and quizzes. I have the sudden urge to do what is right."

"Each rooms and sections will be divided. Others will have a trip to Canada, Los Angeles, Japan, and the Philippines." He said as we all gasped.

IS HE FUCKING RICH RICH? OR IS THE MONEY FROM THE SCHOOL? BECAUSE IF IT IS NOT, MY JAW WILL BE GAPING ON THE FLOOR!

"WE'RE SO LUCKY TO HAVE HIM AAAAHHHHH." girls squealed, even guys too.

"There will be a drawlot. So may I have those class presidents from different grade levels, please?"

The class presidents stood up from their seats and march towards Jimin.

"First year college goes to Los Angeles." The freshmen screamed and jumped in excitement. "Second year college goes to Canada." All screamed 'Yes' and also jumped from excitement. "Third, Japan."

"I WILL REMEMBER YOU ALWAYS, PARK JIMIN!!! I'LL MARRY YOU!!!!" One of the girls who's in third year screamed as the whole gym was filled with laughs and chuckles. Jimin could only smile and shook his head.

"For as the Fourth year, we will go to the Philippines."

"Sections will be divided as well. You can go different places only in that country you'll go. I will leave the class President that responsibility."

My jaw is still hanging on the floor. That boy is really mysterious. I really want to know more about him. Jimin dismiss us because it was already break time. Students are going to the cafeteria, meanwhile me, i was looking for Jimin.

I couldn't find find him anywhere. Next thing I knew, i found myself at the side of the school. There's this beautiful garden and a small playground. I was confused why there was a garden here. I was looking at the flowers and I was more confused when I saw a very big bush that looks like it is enterable.

I put the leaves aside and was welcomed with cold breeze and a man  sitting with his phone on his ear.

"Sir, you know that I'm busy with school and lots of stuffs. You can't just call and tell me to go to the studio again."

What studio?

Suddenly, I stepped on a fucking branch that made a very loud noise that made him jump. Fuck. I'm doomed.

I saw him put his phone inside his pocket. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Why do you care? Do you own this school? Why are you claiming like this part of school is owned by you, huh?" I sassed back.

He sighed. "What did you hear?"

"Nothing much. Why does it feel like you're nervous?" I asked. "Is there something that I should not know?"

"Why are you even eavesdropping, huh? We're not that even close to begin with. Just because I protected you from that bully of yours, doesn't mean we're already friends."

"And who said I want to be friends with you?" I raised a brow and rolled my eyes.

"Then why are you following me like you're some fan of mine, hmm?" He said as I widened my eyes.

"H-hey! I w-was not!"

He smirked at my stuttering. "You have a crush on me, don't you?"

I widened my eyes when he said that. I punched his chest lightly. "I DO NOT! I just wanted to ask how you manage all the stress."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, you are the PRESIDENT of this whole university. At the same time, you topped all the students. How did you do that? Did you pay the teachers or..?"

"Just like what I've said. I don't pay teachers. I do receive a lot of pressure tho. But instead of complaining, I'd rather do my work." He said. He tilted his head and examined me. "Why are you so curious, huh?"

"H-how did you even manage to put almost 5k students to other countries? A-are you that rich?" I asked confusedly.

He chuckled. "Aih, Yoongi. You really are something else." He scratched the back of his head and turned his head to me. "Some of the funds are from the students itself. I gathered some of the miscalleneous fees, put it together to create a fund for the vacation. And I also contributed." He said.

"H-how much?"

"It's a secret." He chuckles again. "Oh well, break time's over. Let's head to the classroom, shall we?" He asked as I nodded.

He puts his hand on my shoulder and guided me outside. "h-hey! Why are you touching me?"

"Oh? Am I not allowed?"

"Are you gay?!?" I suddenly asked without thinking.

"Pft. Touching people are now considered gay?" I blushed. Fuck. You're so dumb, Yoongi.

"O-oh right. Haha." I faked my laugh.

Why tf is it so awkward.

"Why are you so suddenly curious about me when the other day you were planning to compete with me?" He asked as I was taken aback to what he've said.

"I wasn't planning to compete with you. I think I was just, you know, stressed?"

"What are you stressing about?"

"I was a top student from my former school. But I transfered here to get away from my bullies. But one of them moved here, aish, I don't know what to do anymore."

"And what are you stressed about again?"

"My parents are used to me being a top student. And I can't really handle if they'll find out I'm not one of them. And plus, what if Jay attacks me again?"

"You should stop thinking about others. You should think about yourself, your feelings." He said. "And about Jay, I'll take care of him if comes close to you, I promise."

"Promise is a strong word. And why are you being nice to me when I'm always being a dickhead to you?"

"Because I know I can manage stress. I know I can stand up for myself. I can sense things, Yoongi-ah. And I can sense that you need my help." He answered. Again, I was taken aback.

"I don't need anyone's help, Jimin-ah. I can do it myself. Now stop being a good samaritan. Your naiveness can ruin you." I remarked, slightly annoyed.

He chuckles. "I'm not naive. In this world full of cruelty. I want to be that person who spreads positivity."