Chapter 16

As Jimin watched Yoongi's retreating figure, his heart pounded louder in his chest. Confusion, frustration, and a sense of longing swirled within him. He stood frozen in the alley, battling with his thoughts and emotions. The encounter left him even more bewildered than before.

Days turned into weeks, and Jimin found himself unable to concentrate on anything. His mind kept replaying the moment he saw Yoongi, and he couldn't shake off the feeling that something was amiss.

In the days that followed, Jimin did his best to push the encounter out of his mind. He threw himself into his work, spending long hours in the studio, attempting to drown out his conflicting thoughts. The memory of Taehyung's presence lingered, a thorn in his side that he couldn't shake off.

The following day, Jimin walked into the university with a determined look on his face. He was trying his best to ignore Yoongi, just as he had decided the previous night. He kept his gaze low and his earphones in, attempting to shut out the world around him.

As he settled into his usual seat in the classroom, he tried to focus on the lecture. However, he couldn't help stealing a glance at Yoongi, who was sitting a few rows away. Yoongi seemed to be absorbed in his own world, scribbling notes in his notebook without a care in the world.

Jimin's mind was a whirlwind of emotions. He felt a mix of embarrassment, regret, and confusion over what had happened at the bar and his impulsive decision to go to Yoongi's house. He tried to bury these feelings deep down and focus on his studies, but the constant reminder of Yoongi's presence in the same room was making it difficult.

During a break between classes, Jimin found himself alone in a hallway. He leaned against a wall, taking a deep breath to calm his racing heart. He knew he couldn't keep avoiding Yoongi forever, but he wasn't sure how to face him after what had transpired.

Flashback

"How did you know my address?" Yoongi spoke as soon as he opened their gate, still has a runny nose.

"I have connections, hehe. I was just worried, you know? So I came by to see you." Taehyung answered as he ruffled Yoongi's hair "Just wanted to check up on you."

"Oh, you didn't have to do that. I'm feeling a lot better now, I'll come to school tomorrow if you're wondering." Yoongi says as he shivered because it was insanely a cold night and he was just in his pajamas. "Why don't you come in?"

"No, no. I won't stay long, it's okay." The blonde-haired boy says. "I heard Jimin visited you. Has he visited you again? By any chance?" He added.

"N-no. U-uh"

"You don't have to answer, Yoongi-ah. Let me tell you this." He held Yoongi's hand and stared at his eyes. "He's bad news."

Yoongi's breath hitched.

"I understand you hate me, but that guy is bad news." Jimin says slightly raising his voice.

His words were the same as Jimin's. I-I don't know whom to believe anymore.

"Ever since I first laid my eyes on you, it was like the whole world has stopped spinning. I don't know why but I like you." Taehyung confessed as he held his hands tighter to show sincerity.

"I-I don't know, Taehyung-ah."

"I know you like him. I really do. Eyes can't lie. But you got to give me a chance. I'm better." His voice was full of determination.