15 | Taste of the Future

LUNATIC

Andros' POV

The rest of the evening was spent with my friends enjoying the ball and having drinks. Clans enjoyed the party and drank wine, prosperity was in the air as well as the promise of a better union now that I was back. As I followed my friends who were laughing and giggling in the large hallway of our castle, I noticed a couple of vampires eyeing us with scrutiny. Not wanting to make my friends notice their ugly frowns, I walked behind them more slowly making me fall behind.

I pushed my body to get larger, my shadow under the moonlight grew bigger. Vampires gasped as my eyes glowed red, shooting them a threat with my fangs flashed to them in threat. Looking down at them, I could easily squish them like insignificant insects.

"Your Highness." They acknowledged me, bowing respectfully and I walked more proudly, catching up with my friends who were still naive of what just happened behind them.

"Thank you for this night, Andros. We really had fun." Solstice smiled, opening her door to her own room.

"I'm glad you did."

"Good night... or should I say good morning." She laughed again and her laughter bounced against the walls of the castle.

"Have a good rest, Solstice." I watched her enter her room before closing the door. I quickly ran to catch up to Taylor who was already saying good night to his sister.

"You had fun?" I asked them and Krian nodded with a sparkle in her eyes. She seemed to have enjoyed the evening and finally relaxed in the sea of vampires in the ballroom.

"Thanks for this night, Andros. You threw a great party." Taylor patted my back, a habit he began to do with me. I didn't mind. It was nice to have some brotherly bond again.

"Thank you. Have a good rest, you two. I will arrange for things to be searched for again."

"Good night, Andros!" Krian smiled at me and I grinned widely, signing good night back to her. Once her door was closed, I noticed my friend visibly relaxed, releasing a deep breath.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked him as we continued down the hall. His room was next to his sister. He requested it when we arrived and I completely understood that he didn't want to be separated from his sister who's been a beacon of all trouble for the past week.

"I'm fine. Just tired." He rubbed his eyes and yawned loudly. "You? Aren't you tired yet?" He looked at me with his sleepy eyes. I shrugged not feeling the fatigue of today's event.

"Nah. I'm good. I'm used to working in the hospital so having a grand ball here is not a big deal."

"Lucky you." He chuckled and I laughed with him.