five

NIGHT HAD STRUCK

NIGHT HAD STRUCK. Everyone doing their own thing. Val on the other hand was begging Dom, Vince, Letty, and Leon not to do whatever they're planning.

"Val." Dom tried to calm her down but it wasn't working. "I have respected you, and I haven't said shit. Now I am asking you not to go." Valerie said, trying to keep her cool. "I'm doing this for us." Dom said, Val rolled her eyes, "Don't give me that crap, you're doing this for you." Valerie said, tears slipping down her face. "Why are you insisting on doing this?" She asked but after getting silence in response, she said, "Dom, please, just don't." Sighing as she gave up trying to stop him.

"I'm sorry." Was all Dominic said before getting in his car. Vince just stayed by Val, not knowing what to say. It ended up being a silent moment before Vince got in his car as well. Speeding off, Val angrily walked away. Brian had seen the whole thing go down and caught up to Val who was in no mood to talk.

"Val, what's going on?" He asked the Toretto walking beside him. Valerie glanced at him quickly before rolling her eyes. "What?" She asked. "You know what I'm talking about." Brian said, Val wiped her tears, "No, I don't." She responded. Brian grew anxious, "Oh so what, do you always tears in your eyes when Dom drives away?" He asked. Val scoffed, "What's the matter with you?" She asked, trying to walk faster than Brian.

"What's he racing off in the middle of the night for?" Brian asked, "You know about the trucks?" He asked as Valerie stayed silent but grew more irritated by his interrogation. "No, Brian! What trucks?" She practically yelled, stopping in her tracks. When she got no response, she tried to continue walking but Brian grabbed her shoulders.

"Jesus Christ. What?" She asked Brian. "Listen to me." Brian said, "Val, I'm a cop." Valerie just laughed. She didn't know if it was her emotions or she genuinely thought that was funny. "What are you talking about, Brian? What is this?" She asked, "Ever since the first time I met you, I've been undercover. I'm a cop." Brian admitted, Val stopped laughing. He was serious.

"Oh, you bastard." Valerie sighed. "You bastard." She tried to get out of his grip. "Val." He called, "Get off of me, Brian!" She yelled. "Val! Listen to me!" He yelled, tightening his grip on her, "Everything I ever said I felt about you was real." Brian said, breathing heavily. Valerie wasn't buying it. "I swear to God." She still tried to release from his grip. "You have to believe me, Val." He begged.

"But this isn't about you and me." Brian said, trying to regain Valerie's attention. "Your brother's out there about to pull a job. We're running out of time. Those truckers aren't laying down anymore." Brian warned, "Maybe they'll make it through tonight, but every law enforcement agency... is coming down on them. If you don't want anything to happen to them... you have to get in that car with me right now and help me." He explained. Valerie stayed silent. Not believing a word he said.

"Val, you are the only person that can help me right now." Brian sighed, knowing she didn't believe him. "Please, Val. Please help me." He begged.

"Civics are stashed somewhere outside of Thermal. They wouldn't double back, and highway 10 is too well patrolled." Valerie looked at a map as Brian raced to find the team. "So what does that leave us with?" He asked, "All this." Val showed him the map, "Nextel." Brian pointed to the map before pulling his phone out of his pocket.