eight

LATER THAT NIGHT, Val was cleaning the kitchen after she had ate

LATER THAT NIGHT, Val was cleaning the kitchen after she had ate. Heading towards the stairs, a knock on the door was heard, Valerie glanced at the clock on the wall and noticing it's now 12 A.M. Who could be here this late?

Valerie grabbed the bat she kept by the door before slightly opening it. Upon opening the door, the smell of alcohol hit her nose and triggered something in her, she looked up to see the figure turning out to be Brian.

Val sighed then set the bat aside and opening the door more, "Hey, Bri, it's late what are you doing here?" Valerie's questioned the drunk man on the opposite side of the door. He shrugged, "I guess I.. I wanted to tell you that I'm sorry." He hesitated for a second, "I know what I did all those years ago was messed up, but I was doing my job." He sighed, Valerie looked away from him, preventing her from saying something she might regret.

"And I know that I fucked with your trust, for that I'm sorry too." He started to slur, "It's late, you should go home." Valerie spoke, "You didn't drive here drunk, right?" Val asked, checking if there was another car outside besides hers and Mia's, Brian shook his head, "Come inside." She opened the door for Brian. Brian walked in then Valerie shut the door and locked it.

"You can take Dom's room or the couch, Mia's visiting." Valerie told the man in front of her, "The couch is fine." He said, sitting on the couch, "Let me get you blankets." Valerie rushed upstairs.

"Stand up." Valerie nicely ordered, Brian stood so Valerie could put a sheet over the couch then put a pillow for Brian, "Okay, you can lie down." She spoke, Brian nodded before carefully getting onto the couch. "You hungry? Want water or something?" She asked, Brian declined the offer.

"Okay, I've locked the doors but there's a bat right by the door if anything happens." Valerie informed, "But I'll probably hear something and wake up." She added.

Brian wandered off, looking around the house that had changed so much, nobody was on the couch making out, in the kitchen stealing all of the Corona, on the stairs talking, no music blasting. The quietness reminded him of that night after his first race with Dom, coming into their home and getting to talk to Valerie alone. He wanted to tell her everything that night, everything that had to do with his job, why he was really there, why he's here now, but now.. he's realizing that he's not here for the job..

He's here for her.

"Val." Brian spoke, Valerie sat on the floor next to the couch Brian's on, waiting until he fell asleep to go to her room, "Yes?" Valerie responded, she knew he was very drunk to be calling her 'Val', "Back at the restaurant.." Brian started, "When I told you that.. betraying you was the hardest thing I've had to do?" He asked, Valerie nodded, "Mhm." waiting for Brian to continue.

"It was the hardest thing." He sighed, "Leaving you, watching your heart break once I told you that I'm a cop, having to continue my life without you by my side, it was hard, Val." Brian spoke, Valerie just listened, "And I regret every moment of my life I spend not trying to get you back." He said, Valerie sighed, knowing he's only saying this because he's drunk. "It's late and you're drunk." She stood up, "I want to believe what you just said, I do, but.. I can't." She said, "Let's just get some sleep, okay?" Val suggested.

With a nod from Brian, Val turned the lamp on so Brian had some light but not too much so he doesn't get a headache. "Just knock if you need anything, you know where my room is." Valerie told Brian, he nodded once more. Valerie turned and walked up the stairs.

"I love you, Val." Brian said as Valerie walked away, "I love you more, Bri." Valerie responded after a moment of silence, it's not like he'll remember it in the morning anyways.

" Valerie responded after a moment of silence, it's not like he'll remember it in the morning anyways

ugh sadness

if i was val, i would've TAKEN THIS MAN BACK UGH LIKE IMMEDIATELY FOLD.

sorry