seven

SPEEDING THROUGH THE dark streets, Valerie showed up to where the 'boss' should be

SPEEDING THROUGH THE dark streets, Valerie showed up to where the 'boss' should be. Val didn't spot Dom or Brian as she drove through the crowd, but one man stopped her to talk. "Hey, sugar." He stuck his hand out, "How about you stop wasting your time here and come back to 'Papa Dwight's'?" He asked. Valerie laughed before parking her car.

Once she made her way to the second level of the building, she followed the voice of a man. Which led her into this room with a bunch of other people, Including Dom and Brian. One person in particular caught her attention; not being Brian this time. The tall man stared back at her, the tension being visible. Valerie wanted to run out of the room after seeing him but she took a deep breath and stood between Brian and Dom.

Brian and Dom watched Val from the moment she walked in, to the moment she stood between them, "You're not supposed to be here." Dom whispered to his sister. "You're not either but here we are." She whispered back.

"You all know why you're here." The man spoke while hitting golf balls, "Good drivers... are a dime a dozen." He said as he hit another ball. Dom just looked at his sister, giving her an 'are you sure?' look, to which Val nodded.

"Man, every corner's got a chingadera turner racing for pinks. That's not what Braga has got me looking for." Another ball in the air, "Braga wants someone that would sell their abuelita to be behind the wheel." Brian laughed slightly at that. "Someone that drives their 10-second cars not in a straight line, but to push it and make it through places no one else would take it." The man turned towards everyone.

"Real drivers. Entiendes?" Everyone nodded then Dom spoke up, "So, what are we hauling?" He asked. "Oye, for the money Braga's paying, you don't need to know." The man answered, Brian just looked at the Toretto siblings.

"You just said you wanted real drivers." Dom said, "A real driver knows exactly what's in his car." Dom added, Val smiled as he left the man with nothing to say.

"Mira, real driver, nobody's forcing you to race." A man stood by Val and Dom, Valerie tensing up as he got closer. Brian noticed. "You the boss?" Dom asked, Val had a bad feeling about this. "Or am I talking to the boss?" Dom asked, "Do I look like a boss?" The man asked. The boss then spoke, catching everyone's attention.

"Papi, my job is to find the best drivers, period." He interrupted their little feud, "Whoever wins the race gets the info. We cool?" He said as a lady walked around and gave everyone a gps. "Yeah, we're cool." Dom said.

"No, we ain't cool, man." Another man spoke, "Who's closing these streets?" He asked, the man laughed. "No one, that's the point." He answered, this got Val excited, she hadn't raced on open roads in a long time but she was dying to go. Her excitement getting cut short as she got stopped by the man she's been trying to avoid. He waited for everyone to walk out and stopped Val right by the door.

"Hey, you can go." He told Brian, "I think I'll wait here for her." Brian refused. "We're just gonna talk then we'll be out, stop acting like her momma." The man angrily told Brian. Brian looked at Valerie to see how she felt about it. She slowly nodded her head so Brian walked away, staring the man down in the process.