nine

IT WAS THE next morning, Val was folding the blankets that Brian slept on after she noticed he left without saying anything

IT WAS THE next morning, Val was folding the blankets that Brian slept on after she noticed he left without saying anything. As she folded the last blanket, the gps from the race went off. She was quick to get ready and get in her car, going to wherever it was leading her.

Entering the building, these men spread out and checked all of the cars. Val looked to her right to see Brian, avoiding her stares as if last night never happened, she knew it. Valerie could faintly hear a beeping noise going off, she looked toward Brian once more who was nervously fidgeting with something in his car. But just in time, he got it to stop.

"All clear." A man spoke. Braga did some sort of hand movement for the back of a truck to open up. "I'll take Val." Fenix spoke, Brian and Dom shared a look. "No, I'm okay." She nodded as Fenix got closer to her car. He smiled, "I wasn't asking." He lifted his shirt a little, exposing the gun he had. Valerie gulped. She got out of her car and followed Fenix, silently begging for Dom's help.

Dom just nodded at her, letting her know that everything will be alright and she will be okay.

"Welcome to Mexico." The women, Gisele spoke. "There are helicopters and surveillance cameras that scan for heat signatures at the boarder." She explained. "But there are blind spots that I can guide you through via satellite." She said as men put briefcases in everyone's trunks. "There can be no margin of error, so you must follow my every direction. Any questions?" Gisele asked.

"Where's my sister?" Dom asked, Brian looked at Gisele for an answer as well, "With Fenix, she's fine; they'll meet you out there." She told Dom. Brian looked at Dom once more.

"All right, everybody, sync up." She instructed, everyone pulled their gps out and synced to Gisele's. "Good luck." She said, "Vaya con Dios." She told Dom as she walked past him.

"I'm sorry, you know." Fenix spoke as he sat in the car with Valerie, waiting for the crew to show up. Valerie sighed. "Let's just keep quiet." She suggested, not wanting to listen to his bullshit lies. "I wish things were different for us." He continued. Valerie would've melted right there if Brian were the one saying this, but he's not. Valerie grew frustrated. "You guys need to hurry, you've been tagged." Giesle spoke through the walkie talkie. Valerie sat upright, exchanging a look with Fenix.

"You better hope and pray that Dom and Brian make it up this mountain, 'cause I swear to God they don't, you won't be making it down this mountain." Valerie stared right into Fenixs' eyes.

Making it to the spot, everyone got out of their cars quickly, except for the trio. "Sloppy!" Fenix yelled, "Very sloppy!" He slammed his door. Valerie eyed him down as he walked, not noticing another man yelling, "What are you doing?" With both arms in the air, "Come on!" Another man slammed their hands on Fenixs' car to try and get Valerie out.

"Hey!" Fenix yelled at the man who had slammed the hood of his car. He then walked over to the passenger side of the car and opened the door for her, he held his hand out for her but instead she slapped it. "Leave me alone." She rolled her eyes before getting out of the car. Fenix tried to pull her closer to him but Valerie refused once more, "I said leave me alone!" She yelled, pushing him as hard as she could.