part 2

HE NEVER CAME back

HE NEVER CAME back.. No one did. Only Letty. But she's been working on Dom's car all day and night. It's been years. Five. Dom was still gone, who knows where Vince is along with Leon, Brian's still a cop, Mia went off to get away from the bad memories the past held, going to college is what she always wanted to do. So she went. Visited but it wasn't the same. And Jesse..

Valerie's trying to get into dating again but is slowly giving up because none of them feel right. With Brian, everything felt right. But now that he's gone, after what he did, she feels that she won't be in a relationship for a while. Though she had been in one long-lasting relationship, she called the quits after finding out shady things about the man she was with.

The first year she was alone, she wasn't herself. Drinking every day and night. Flying the glass bottles at the wall in spite. Then picking up the glass pieces the next morning. Eventually she stopped her drinking habits but had to deal with seeing the marks and scratches on the wall where she threw her bottles. She became happier more and more after she quit drinking, she found herself going out more, making money, and treating herself with things she never had as a child.

Her happiness got cut short when she got a call that Letty had been murdered. She had called Dom and Mia to tell them the news before taking time to think about it on the couch.

Valerie had gone to Letty's funeral, crying as she stood next to Mia. Holding her hand. She wish Dom were here but knew it was for his safety.

"We have gathered here today to pay our final respects to Leticia Ortiz. Let us reflect on her journey..." The Priest spoke but Valerie couldn't believe what she was hearing, there was no way Letty was dead. It can't be real. Valerie wiped her tears and began listening to the Priest once more.

Brian had stood in the distance by his car, on the lookout for Dom. Not daring to go towards the Toretto sisters after what happened. But he watched Valerie cry, it broke his heart that he couldn't comfort her. He knows that's the last thing she'd want and the last thing he could do.

After Letty's funeral, Valerie was in the garage separating some things when she heard footsteps. She quickly turned around to see Dom, she rushed to give him a hug. "I told you not to come here." She sniffled, "They're staking the place out. If they find you..." Valerie explained. "They won't." Dom calmly said, "Come on, look at you." Told his sister who seemed to calm down. He looked around the garage to see that nothings changed, especially the car that he's been working on for so long. Valerie looked over toward the car as well. Dom looked back at her before walking toward the car.

"Letty wouldn't let them junk it." Valerie said, a smile setting on her face, "Even though it is a goddamn curse." She added, "When she came back, she was always in here, working on it day and night." Valerie smiled, "It was weird. It was like she knew you were coming back." Valerie spoke. "I wanna see the crash site." Dom said. Val nodded.