11장

San sat there, not knowing why his eyes were shedding tears. Something in those pictures-- why was he in them? He wrecked his brain for something but nothing came out of it.

"San, dinner is ready. We can start after eatin--" Wooyoung stops midway when his eyes fall on the frame San was holding. While Wooyoung was cursing himself for forgetting about the bazillion pictures of San he had in his room-- San stood up from where he was sitting and walked towards him.

"This isn't me, right?" He asked as he held the frame up. "Tell me this is just some guy who happens to look like me Wooyoung!" At this point, the tears were heavier. "Tell me!" He demands once again, as Wooyoung turns his head to the side, trying not to make eye contact.

For some reason, Wooyoung was feeling guilty again. He closed his eyes as tears threatened to fall. He hid the truth San deserved to know about as he flew to Korea to fulfill his own selfish agenda-- to get San back because he missed him-- he couldn't live without him. He needed him.

That's all he cared about.

He sighed as he heard San mumbling the same thing again and again. He couldn't imagine the state of confusion and shock San was in right now. He swallowed the lump in his throat as he opened his mouth to answer, "Yes. It is. It's you, San."

And there was silence. So silent, you could hear a pin drop.

Wooyoung didn't have the courage to look at the latter, looking at the wall-- his face given up. San drops his hands that held onto Wooyoung. He places the photo back as he collected his bag-- ready to leave.

"We can work some other time. I need space right now. I need answers and-- I will get them." He sniffles, barely audible.
Wooyoung stood cemented to his spot as he knew he had no right to hold San back.

Wooyoung looked at the empty doorway, expecting San to come back but he didn't. He groaned, ruffling his hair and fell onto his bed-- "Agrh" He groaned again as he pulled the chocolate box from under him. There was a scented note stuck to it.

Wooyoung pulled the note off and read it out loud. "I like you. Will you be my boyfriend?" And a small heart scribbled next to it.  He choked on the tears, this is all he ever wanted but now he wasn't so sure. He probably hates me.

Wooyoung got up and opened one of his drawers pulling out a small box-- he opened it up, a few more photos, San's locket and a phone. The phone he used to text San with-- thanks to his mom giving him his number. He didn't engage much, messages were sent to understand what San was feeling at a certain moment.

Fuck. I ruined everything.

Once again.

~

San ran back home. He had many questions that his brain couldn't find answers for. He groaned as a headache crept in. "Fucking hell!" San kicked the stones down the road.

He opened the door, the smell of waffles overpowering him. He went straight to the kitchen where his mom was. She looked back and smiled. "Son! I didn't hear you come in. I thought you had work to do with Wooyoung and that you wouldn't be back for long." She winked as she finished her sentence.

San was fuming at this point-- the thought of-- "Don't you have something to tell me?!" San glared and his mom was taken aback. "Don't you? What were those stupid pictures in Wooyoung's room?! I was in them! He told me it was me! What's that about?!" He seethed.

San's mom sat down, knowing it was time she told him everything and so she did. "It's true. It was you in those pictures. Hell! I took those pictures. San you two were even-- you two were a couple. But then you got into that accident, a very bad one and lost some of your memories and by that I mean you forgot Wooyoung. Don't you remember anything about being in London?" His mom asks carefully, knowing how sensitive San was at the moment.

"I do. I remember grandma, her house, I even remember the day I woke up at the hospital...but-- but Wooyoung? I don't know...I can't really--" He holds onto his head as the searing pain pierced him.

"It's okay San." His mom came running and hugged him tight. "It's okay. You don't have to try and remember." She whispers and soothes her son. "But you told me we used to like each other-- I need to know." He cries in his mom's embrace.

"No. You don't. Your relationship wasn't perfect. You guys were-- it was pretty toxic and you two doubted each other a lot and one day that lead to you overspeeding and getting into that accident. Maybe your brain doesn't want you to have those toxic memories-- you were pretty stressed about it." She says as she rubbed his back in soothing motions.

"And if you guys like each other and want to get back with each other-- we would be more than happy. Even if you guys decide not to, it's okay." She continues.

It was difficult for her to understand the situation when the accident occurred. She wanted to blame everything on Wooyoung but she knew the accident wouldn't have happened if San hadn't sped-- she stayed neutral, her only goal was to nurse her son who needed her the most at that moment. She knew Wooyoung would be blaming himself too and she didn't want to add to that.

She really liked Wooyoung and his family. The moms always wished for these two to end up together, they even gave them a place so they could live together.

As she thought back to the memories, her eyes welled up. They were all so happy. No one was to blame here. It was written to happen.

Her phone vibrated in her apron pocket. She pulls it out to see a name that always brought a smile to her face. "It's Wooyoung. Why don't you attend it?" His mom juts the phone towards him.

"I..."

To be continued...
Unedited.

A/N- Happy or sad ending? Hehehehshshsh