12장

A week passes by and there was no sign of San. He had worked on his part for the assignment and had sent it to Wooyoung through email but that was all.

Wooyoung shut his locker, sighing. There were no flour packets or weird insects. Strangely, he was missing it all. Their dynamic when they used to date back in London was...pretty intense to say the least so this playful dynamic was pretty new to the both of them. It was like a breath of fresh air to Wooyoung who felt suffocated with their previous arrangement.

Wooyoung thought back to when San almost hit him with the car, he had a mini heart attack when he saw San behind the wheel again but he couldn't say or do anything about it. But it's time he moved on from the past and see San as the person he is now.

He took out the phone contemplating as to-- ah fuck it.

- sannie.

- no "good morning"?

- this is well I|

- this is we|

- this|

- I am Wooyoung.

- ?

- yes. It's me. I got your number from Mom and...

- Wooyoung? As in the Jung
wooyoung I know?

- yes...?

- youre the one who has
been texting me this past
two years?!

- yes.

- oh fuck you, Jung!

- san, please. I just wanted
to know how you were doing.

- and this is the way to do it?

- San, please. This was the only way.
I am sorry. I am not proud
of deceiving you.

- so you get that you deceived me?

- yes and I am deeply, truly sorry.

- come home after school.

San texts out of the blue

- thank you sannie. I love y|

- thank you sannie. I will be there.
Seen.

Wooyoung read the text again and again. He giggled feeling so happy. San wanted to see him. It didn't mean anything, yet but the fact that he agreed to meet was enough to send Wooyoung down a spiral of emotions.

After school, Wooyoung made his way to San's house. His feet had an extra excited skip with every step he took.

He rings the doorbell waiting for it to be opened. Why was he feeling so giddy? He couldn't seem to control his big smile. But contrary to what Wooyoung was expecting the door was opened by a stone-faced San.

He opened the door and walked away leaving him to stand there awkwardly. He made his way in and the house was extremely quiet. He was stupid enough to think San would've forgiven him.

"So...I hope everything went well with the assignment...?" San questioned and Wooyoung couldn't hide his disappointment. "...ah yes it did. Thank you for sending in your work." Wooyoung replies. "Why would you...it was assigned to me." He says and Wooyoung doesn't reply. This is not what he expected.