Chapter 6 ~Dream~

* This is Safiras' dream, but she's making up the point of view of Mason*

[Mason]

I wake up and stretch every limb of my body. Instantly, the thought of her makes me ache for her more than ever. That girl has me wrapped around her finger ever so tightly. I don't know if she'll ever feel the same. But tonight is the night I make her mine.

I call up Aiden and explain everything to him. He has a friend who's LOADED, and I don't mean to take other people's money, I won't lie, I am pitching in as well. So I'm not standing on the sidelines completely. But tonight, I'm taking her to an art museum and the zoo both with a lovely view of the stars at night. I know just how much this precious girl likes stars and art. She's so wonderful, she's smart, she's shy, keeps to herself, all I've ever wanted in a girl.

My friends don't really like her much, and I don't really know why. I have heard some awful rumors about her, but that's not Safira at all, she takes care of her friends more than herself, she's athletic and doesn't talk to much people in order to gain a bad reputation with people. It's awful about what people say about her. And she messed up once with someone, and that person made it way more of a problem than it actually was.

This kind of unsettled me to a point where I wanted to tell that person to mind their business. All these people don't know her, they don't see her for who she is. But I want to, I wanna know the ins and outs of her pure red heart that shines brighter than the sun. I wanna comfort her and tell her she's alright, that I won't let no one hurt her anymore.

Me and Safira have a lot in common more than she thinks. We love literature, and we both have very similar ways of thinking. Talking to her during our English class makes my heart beat fast. And the way our eyes meet every time one of us is talking. I can tell she's not used to it, but she doesn't look away much. I smile at the thought of her and shove my face into a pillow and smile.

About 6:30 pm, I will call her and tell her where to go in order to meet me.
The reservations are made, and dinner will be served at about 12 pm. at the Cheese Cake Factory. I've heard she's a fan of cheese cake, but also the food there as well. I open my closet and seek in a casual yet non casual wear. I don't wanna make it to casual, you know?

I pull out a black sweatshirt and some grey loose pants. I put on my glasses and slip on a beanie. It's about 3:50, so I think I should text her to prepare her. I reach for my phone over on my dresser and pull up her snap. "Hey Safira, it's Mason. Can you please meet me at ******** anytime before 6:30?" I send the message and wait. About 5 minutes later, I get a reply. "Sure." She replies back. Gosh, isn't she wonderful?

Around 5:45, she arrived at the designated spot, and she immediately spots me. I give her a warm smile because, gosh, even in the clumsiness of clothing, she still looks breathtaking. I grab her arm and make my way to her hand and finally give her hand a soft kiss to loosen her tension.

"So, where are we going?" She asks. "Well, it's 5:50 now, and our reservation at this one spot is at 6:30." I say. Her eyes sparkle at my words, and her face immediately turns the color red. She is bad at hiding her emotions. But I love that so much about her. I take her by the hand and bring her to my car, and I open the passenger side for her and close it as she settles in. I hop in the driver's side and drive off.

About 15 minutes later, we finally arrived. We arrive at the zoo, and she opens her mouth to speak. "I thought the Zoo was closed? It usually closes at 5pm, " she says. I flash her a grin and laugh. "Safira, as I said, I made a reservation. There will only be us, and a few others that I don't know, and the animals. It's okay, beautiful. " I say. Her body tightens at my words, and I smile at her.

We finally make it inside the zoo and walk off and get an ice cream before we go and see the animals. We enjoy our time seeing the lovely animals, I can tell she's an animal lover. She's so pretty when she's laughing and prancing around just like a little kid. I grab her hand, and we interlock fingers. Her hands are so soft but so rough. Everything about her, I must have.

We finish about 8, and we have about an hour to arrive at the Art Museum. "Hey Safira, it's time to get going. I have one more place I would like to bring you to." I say. She looks at me and smiles. I can feel the goosebumps spreading like wild fire across my skin. I push my glasses back up to finally sit perfectly on my nose. And we walk out. Of course, I had to have gotten her something from the gift shop. She gets this cute penguin stuffed animal. Honestly, she can't make my day better than it already is right now.

We leave the zoo and make our way to the art museum, and man... her eyes can light up the night sky with how bright her eyes become wlonce she realizes where we are at. "This isn't our last stop, but this is our last 'fun' destination. " I say. She looks at me, and she wraps her tiny arms around my waist and shoves her head into my chest. "Thank you so much." She says softly. I can feel my face starting to heat up as she hugs me tighter. It doesn't last much longer. She finally let's go and drags me along with her inside the building.

It's pitch black outside, and I look up, and the roof is glistening with shiny stars. "Hey Safira, look up." She listens to my words and looks up. And he face brightens just as bright as these beautiful stars. One day, she's gonna have her own star in that pretty sky. "Woah, this right here is as beautiful as every other painting here." She says ,"Oh je, je t'aime." She adds. I don't know what she says, but she looks right at me when she says it. She doesn't tell me what it means, but she gives me another bright smile.

We head out of the art museum as this was out 3rd time seeing the paintings. And she looks about tired. "Are you hungry?" I ask. "Yes, I'm extremely hungry." She replies. I give her a nod as she drifts asleep. We make our way to the Cheese Cake Factory, which is only a 20-minute drive from the art museum.

We finally arrive, and for just a few minutes, I place my hand over hers and admire her while she's asleep. She looks peaceful and calm. I smile at the sighting before I wake her up. "Hey, time to go and eat." I say. She stretches her body as much as she can in the little space she has. We make our way inside the restaurant and are guided to our seats. And might I say, they couldn't have put us anywhere better. We sit by the window and see straight to the mountains. You can only see the mountains by how the stars outline every inch of them.

Safira is admiring everything and smiling here and there. This is all going wonderfully, and just being with her makes my day. We place our orders and it takes about a half an hour to come back. When out food finally arrives we dig in. She wasn't lying when she said she was hungry. She finishes her food in a total of 15 minutes. And I still have a bit more of mine left. She continues to stare out the window, and I don't wanna interrupt anything. I finish my food a few minutes later. And ask her if she wants dessert. "You want any dessert?" I say. "Can we take it to go? I'm a bit stuffed " she adds. I nod and I go and pay our bill and pay for a cheese cake drizzled with caramel.

We exit the building and make our way back home. We make a stop at an open field, and we get out. The moon lays perfectly in the center of the sky and the stars glisten with every move we make. We stop at the top of the grassy hill, and I place both my hands on her hips, and our bodies connect. She's resting her head on my chest until I have her look at me. She smiles, and I smile right back. "Safira, what was it you said earlier?" I asked

"It was I love you in french." She says softly and barely in a tone. I couldn't hear her. I smile, and I'm inches away from kissing her. "I love you t-"

[End of POV]

*Safira wakes up*