𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

Seoul, August 31st, 2000

    The moon shone red over the city of Seoul, they say it was caused by a lunar eclipse, but some people think so otherwise. No one dared to leave their homes on a night like this, legend says that on a full red moon a certain immoral creature is set free to hunt any poor victim that may come their way.

    But that didn't stop a certain young and heavily pregnant woman from roaming the empty dark streets tonight, no, she was on a mission, and that was to see the famous fortune teller who claimed to see the future of any unborn child. Alone and pregnant with no one else to lean on but herself, she was determined to see the future of her unborn son, hoping his fate wasn't as cruel as hers. Her husband had died just two months ago in a mysterious animal attack, apparently his body was drained of blood when they had finally found him deep in the woods. They say it was a bear attack, or perhaps another animal, but she knew the truth, it was the work of an immortal monster that had killed her one and only true love. No one believed her, hell they even called her a lunatic for believing so, but that never stopped her from trusting her gut.

    So she walked as quickly as she could towards Seoul's most famous fortune teller hoping to hear some good news she's been praying so hard for.

    She stood in front of a bright neon purple sign that read, Hyejin The Great Fortune Teller, although the sign seemed corny, the young woman still trusted her gut and opened the large door decorated with purple beads. When she entered, the smell of incense filled her nostrils, causing a coughing fit to emerge.

"Who dare enter my shop this late at night?" A deep yet alluring voice had said from the back of the mysterious shop.

"Excuse me ma'am, I was wondering if you could read the fortune of my unborn child?" The poor young woman had said while looking around the odd shop full of witchcraft and satanic items, she tightly held her cross necklace, praying that she'd make it home safe tonight.

"Oh... I see, just give me one moment, please have a seat my dear."

The young woman sat at a table that was placed right at the center of the shop, the table was covered with velvet red cloth as well as a big crystal ball siting right in the middle, it looked phony but she guessed it was apart of Hyejin's ruse to lure in customers.

"Sorry to keep you waiting for so long my dear, now tell me, how may I help you today?"

The young woman looked up to see a beautiful woman emerging from a satin curtain, her hair was long and black like the night sky, she wore a long velvet red dress with a huge unfamiliar pendant hanging from her thin neck, her skin was as pale as winter snow, but her lips were painted red, like the moon that shone tonight.

"Welcome, I'm Hyejin, it's a pleasure to meet you, and I see that you are due next month with a son, am I correct?"

The young woman was shocked, how could a complete stranger know that from just taking a glance at her?

"Yes, he's due next month on the twenty-second, that's why I'm here today, I was hoping you could tell me what kind of future my son will have?"

Hyejin smiled as she took a seat across from the young woman who looked desperately at her pale face.

"You've come to the right place, everything I tell you tonight stays confidential, understood?"

The young woman nodded.

"Good, now give me your hands."

The young woman brought both of her hands over the crystal ball, Hyejin quickly grabbed her shaky hands and immediately closed her eyes. The young woman on the other hand was shocked at how cold Hyejin's hands felt, it was as if she was touching a cold dead body.

"Interesting... very interesting." Hyejin whispered out making the young woman nervous as to why her face looked so intrigued at her son's future. She then opened her eyes, it was the shade of a light honey brown, it almost looked unreal to look at, "I have seen the potential future of your unborn son, if you'd like to hear." The young woman nodded quickly.

"Your son will grow up to be a fine man full of talent and intelligence, although he shall face a lot of hardships, he will grow to be strong and independent."

The young woman had tears of joy in her eyes, her unborn son was going to end up exactly like his father.

"Although, there is one thing I must warn you about, and fair warning, it's not a good sign."

The woman froze, the nervous feeling from earlier hadn't vanished away, but now it crept up, presenting itself once again.

"When your son shall fall in love someday, it will end in disaster."

The young woman was confused, "Disaster, what do you mean?"

"Your son shall die in the hands of his lover, he will be killed by his one true love someday."

The young woman gasped in horror.

"N-No! I won't let it happen!" The young woman said in panic as she rubbed a gentle hand over her swollen belly.

"I've told you all that I know. Please travel home safely, there are monsters lurking in every corner." The beautiful woman then stood up and walked behind the satin curtain, leaving the young woman all alone and distraught with the information she had learned tonight.

"I promise you my son..." She said in a whisper.

"That I will never let you fall in love."

She then got up and quickly left the building, feeling more scared than ever.

But what she didn't realize was that Hyejin didn't tell her the full truth of her son's unavoidable future.

That her son will die in the hands of his immortal lover,

A Vampire.