𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒 | 𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬

Seoul, August 31st, 2022

Hyunjin Pov,

♦️

    Another hellish night had presented itself once more, I had been working on another art piece desperately doing anything I could to kill the lonely hours of the night. The rest of the house was full of noise and laughter, my brothers were quite the noise makers never knowing when to stay quiet, and yet I always loved to hear the laughter and joy they tended to spread around.

I looked out the window to see the moon shining over the empty forest, the hollowness of the night always brought comfort towards my own hollow dead soul. Seeing the moon like this always reminded me of my days in Paris, the late nights I'd spend standing on my apartment balcony while trying to paint another art piece, the memories of the past left an aching desire within me, there was never a day that went by that I didn't want to go back to France, if only I could.

I sighed, feeling unmotivated and desperately in need of some company, I knew tonight was another movie night, which I never participated in because of everyone's lack in taste of good quality movies, and instead I made my way towards the kitchen knowing a certain someone would be in there baking a new recipe. I quietly walked down the grand staircase and quickly found myself standing at the kitchen door's entrance. I pushed the door open and saw that Felix was covered head to toe in flour, the sight alone humored me.

"Good grief Felix were you planning on baking yourself?"

Felix looked up and scowled at me, his angelic face made it impossible for him to ever look cruel, he just looked like an angry kitten, "Oh fuck off Hwang, I was trying to make rosemary bread and I accidentally spilled the bag of flour." Felix was now pouting at the sight of waisted flour littered all over the black and white tiled floor. I went towards the pantry and grabbed two brooms and a dust pan to help clean up the mess.

Felix smiled, "I knew you always had a soft spot for me, anyways what new art piece are you working on now?"Although my brothers have always complemented my art work, Felix was the only one to ever inquire the true meaning behind my art pieces, I'd never tell this straight to his face, but he's the only one who truly understood me, that's why most nights I went seeking for his company.

"I'm painting a red moon, I don't quite understand why but I just had a gut feeling that I should."

Felix looked skeptical, "Why a red moon? Are you perhaps feeling anger? Regret? Or shame?" There was a moment of silence before I answered.

"Felix, lately I've been feeling guilty, as if I had committed a crime." Felix stopped brooming and looked right at me, his eyes were still that bright honey color from hunting recently.