𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖 | 𝐓𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Seungmin Pov,

Seungmin Pov,

♦️

Hyunjin was M.I.A all week, not even a single trace of him could be detected, it was as if he had disappeared for good.

After our strange night last week, he hasn't contacted me once, not a single text or call.

This whole week in general felt like I was living in hell, my cold had gotten worse and Beomgyu had caught it as well and stayed home all week trying to recover. Soobin and Yeonjun were absent due to Soobin's mother falling ill as well, which left me all alone this week.

I ignored the prying eyes of Hyunjin's family, looking at them seemed to sadden my already depressed mood. Jisung and Minho have said hello a few times but it was too difficult for me to continue the conversation, every time I looked at them, all I could picture was Hyunjin running away that night. Felix seemed to stare at me the most, I couldn't even return the smile he always flashed me whenever we made eye contact. I was falling apart, and I didn't like that.

Thankfully it was Friday today and I had the day off from the cafe. I had to work extra this week since Beomgyu was too sick to even get out of bed, and since my boss was a sadistic bastard, I had been running the cafe all alone. My muscles ached and my fingernails had coffee grounds stuck underneath, yet I was thankful for the busy days to distract me from my current emotional dilemma.

I quickly threw on a plain black hoodie and a pair of blue jeans, I left my hair as it was, it's not like I had anyone to impress anyway. I grabbed my bag and headed out. I was glad I only had two classes today so I could rest properly in the afternoon. As soon as I stepped out the door, immediately the cool autumn air sent shivers down my spine, I hugged my hoodie closer and started to walk towards the bus stop.

The bus came fairly quickly which I was thankful for since the weather seemed to get colder by the day. I found myself a window seat and immediately I plugged my earbuds in. I could immediately feel the music wash my worries away, music was my escape from reality, it was my safe haven.

And then a certain song stared to play and immediately my mind drifted towards Hyunjin.

I pictured the night he took me out to that fancy restaurant by Han River, I could clearly picture him holding a glass of red wine while laughing at some lame joke I made. I could still hear his laugh and picture his beautiful eye smile, I really wish I could see him again.

My head started to ache thinking about what went wrong that night and why he ran away so quickly without saying goodbye.

I was also terribly worried, he seemed paler than normal that night and terribly shaken up at the sight of blood.

Was he sick?

Or perhaps blood triggered an unpleasant memory from his past?

These sort of questions seemed to haunt me even in my dreams.