𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗 | 𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐒𝐰𝐚𝐧

Hyunjin Pov,

Hyunjin Pov,

♦️

Paris France, 1890

I was trapped, surrounded by nothing but flames that continued to burn the old building.

I could feel my skin burn as the flames grew bigger and bigger.

"Help! Someone help me please! I-I don't want to die..." I sobbed, hoping my tears would settle the flames that burned so harshly, yet it was no use.

I tearfully slid on the hard wood floor and cried, I cried for a mother I never knew, I cried because my one and only friend had betrayed me, and I cried because I didn't want to die.

My vision started to blur as the smoke of the flames started to consume me, this was it, I was going to die.

The worst part of it all was that I had never found my true love, oh how I desperately wished I could have found my soulmate, well that wouldn't matter now.

I could feel myself starting to grow tired, maybe it was time to stop fighting.

I relaxed, I strangely felt content to dying... maybe I'll be able to see my mother once more.

"My dearest mother... just wait a little longer and I'll be there with you soon." I smiled as tears slid down my ashy face.

"Goodbye Paris, maybe in another life I'll be back with my lover." I slipped out of consciousness and let the flames take over.

"...Jeongin help me.... He's unconscious.... Hold on a little longer..."

♦️

Present time,

"Are you a vampire?"

Those words alone sent shivers throughout my body.

Seungmin should have never known what I really was... I was scared... what if he was too terrified to be with me now?

After all, I was a cruel monster.

"It's true, I'm a vampire."

Those words felt like venom on the tip of my tongue.

I kept my distance for now, but I so desperately wished to hold him in my arms and tell him it was all a lie.