Chapter Seven

Not much was discussed during the therapy session, and it only lasted about an hour. Basically Astrid told Dr. Marx useless details about her, things she likes doing in her spare time, movies she likes, random things that didn't really matter. She didn't talk about Luke, or Maddie, or Naomi and Lauren or Ashton. Most importantly she didn't mention Michael.

Michael sat silently next to her the whole time listening to her talk. He liked listening to her, even if it was just useless information. At the end of the session, Dr. Marx walked Astrid back out to the waiting room where Naomi was waiting.

"I suggest bring her in at least once a week, free of charge, for a while so I can analyze her...condition" he said. Naomi hid a look of disgust and plastered a smile on her face.

"Great... I'll be sure to make sure she goes, she has a way of trying to get out of things like this. Let's go." she said grabbing Astrid by the wrist and tugged her out of the therapist office. Astrid suppressed a cry of pain do to fresh cuts from a couple of days before that hadn't fully healed.

Astrid went to the back of the car and threw her purse in the back seat so Michael could get in. She got in on the passenger side and faced the window to avoid any conversation with Naomi.

"So what did Dr. Marx mean by 'condition'? What did you tell him?" Naomi asked bitterly.

"I don't know. I didn't tell him anything." Astrid said quietly.

"You're lying, if you didn't tell him anything he wouldn't want to see you once a week." she snapped.

"I'm not lying! I didn't say anything." Astrid said in defense, her voice cracking.

"When will you learn?" she asked sarcastically, shaking her head. Astrid leaned against the window and watched Michael in the rear view mirror.

He was staring at his hands, zoned off, so he didn't notice her watching him. She found herself wondering about him, what was going through his thoughts. The car hit a bump and Michael looked up and made eye contact with her in the mirror and he winked at her. She looked away quickly and tried to hide the blush that was creeping its way across her cheeks. He quietly laughed to himself and watched the scenery pass by through the window until they reached the house.

Naomi stormed out of the car and into the house and Astrid let Michael out of the car without a word. She went upstairs and he followed and she stopped in front of Luke's door.

"I need to talk to my brother, you can wait in my room." she said and he nodded and walked to the end of the hallway where her room was and she waited until he was inside to knock on Luke's door.

"Luke are you in here?" she asked. She heard stumbling and it sounded like he ran into something before the door opened.

"What's up sis?" he said mid yawn. He was only in pajama pants and his hair was a mess.

"Were you asleep?" she asked.

"Yeah, I was." he said leaning against his door frame.

"Oh, I-I'm sorry I didn't know." She said quietly.

"No, no, it's okay. Did you need something?" he asked and she nodded.

"Yeah actually..." she said trailing off.

"Oh, okay. Come on in." He said and stepped aside allowing her to enter his room. He followed her, shutting the door and sat down on his bed. She sat down beside her. "What's up?" he asked and she sighed.

"I'm having some problems with Naomi." she said.

"Oh, are you okay?" he asked, and she hesitated before shaking her head and breaking down.

"N-no I'm not." she choked out. He gave her an apologetic look and wrapped his arms around his little sister.

"Shh, it's okay, everything's going to be okay I promise." he said, trying to comfort her.

"She's awful, I hate her." she said through sobs.

"I know, don't worry it'll be over soon. I'm getting us out of here as soon as possible, you know that. I just need a little more time." he said and she wiped her eyes.

"I know." she said, hugging her brother tightly.

"Just a few more months little sis, that's all. Can you handle that?" he asked and she nodded. "Good, now go to your room and calm down, maybe take a nap, just relax. Everything will be okay." he said and she nodded, doubting what Luke said, and got up. "Love you sis." he said and she gave him a sad smile.

"Love you too." she said and left his room, shutting the door behind her.

***

Michael waited patiently in her room, pacing the floor. He wasn't nervous, he was just keeping himself busy. He looked over at her dresser. There was a picture of Astrid and Luke when they were children on the dresser.

He picked the picture frame up and smiled at the image of little Astrid grinning in her white sun dress and her long dark hair in pigtails, while leaning against her older brother. He was about to set it back on the dresser, but dropped it.

"Dammit." he mumbled bending down and picking it back up, but he noticed the back fell off, along with a shiny blade. So that's where she hides it. he thought to himself as he put the back of the frame back on the picture, but kept the blade, slipping it into his pocket.

Astrid walked into her bed room and lied down on her bed, not bothering to get under the comforter. She lied on her side with her knees tucked into her chest as she silently started sobbing again. Michael walked to her side of the bed and got down on her level.

"Hey, don't cry. What's wrong?" he asked and she choked down her tears.

"I-I can't." she said. She could barely breathe it felt like and she hated it. She couldn't take it, she couldn't wait, especially when her brother couldn't protect her like she needed him to.

"Don't worry, it'll be okay." he said taking her hand and holding it. "I'm right here. You'll be okay." he said and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "Everything's going to be okay."

A/N: Filler Chapter...at least it's an update. It's 3am where I'm at so I'm sorry if this absolutely sucks. Please vote or comment. Love you guys.

-Xx E.J