Chapter Thirty

A/N: hey guys. Before I get started on the chapter I am asking a small favor. So my friend TheresaBrobst  is writing two books "Love Doesn't Always Mean Forever" and "Random Song Lyrics" it would mean so much to me and to her if you could check them out. She's a really good writer. Anyway here's chapter 30 enjoy.

"How is this possible? I watched you die." Ashton said, slightly terrified of the dead boy in front of him.

"Y-you can see h-him?" Astrid asked weakly, pressing her wrist to her shirt trying to stop the continuous flow of blood. Michael looked over at her. Ashton took this chance and pushed Michael off him.

"Here or not. I've killed you before, I'll kill you again." Ashton said. "Right after her."

"I'm not going to let you do that."

"Oh, and let me guess, you're going to try to play hero and stop me?" Ashton asked mockingly. "We both know how that ended last time."

Astrid tried to stay quiet, but she couldn't keep her shaky cries of pain and whimpering silent. He looked at her, a sinister smirk written across his face.

"It's not going to end that way this time." Michael said gripping Ashton's shirt tighter. Ashton laughed.

"You couldn't over power me then," he said pushing Michael off of him, "you can't over power me now." He said.

"Watch me."

Astrid didn't want to watch. Closed her eyes tightly, cringing every time she heard one of them hit the other, both yelling at each other to the point where she didn't even understand what they were saying. She had never been this scared in her life.

Michael wasn't holding anything back, all the built up anger from the past year he's been keeping to himself, pushing to the back of his mind finally being let out.

"You took my life away from me," Michael said angrily before punching Ashton in the nose, probably breaking it. "What did I do to you that was so terrible that you decided to end my life? I was your friend!"

"You know what you did. Don't act innocent. You deserved it." Ashton said, his voice muffled by his hands covering his nose.

"I did nothing! I don't know what the hell yours talking about. Even if I did deserve it for some reason, her  of all people doesn't deserve this." He said throwing another punch hitting Ashton in the stomach. He doubled over with a groan, though he looked up, his smirk still painted on his face and he wiped his own blood from his nose.

"You seem oddly attached to her," he started, gesturing over to her. "I wonder why." He said almost sarcastically. He straightened up and fighting back. "You're in love with her aren't you?" Even in pain he was still managed to sound like a cocky asshole.

Astrid covered her ears with her hands, knowing that they were talking about her. She didn't want to here what Ashton had to say about her. She didn't watch what happened next, but she glanced up and saw Ashton standing over her, Michael was picking himself up off the ground. Ashton got on her level, pressing his knife against her neck.

"Don't touch her!" Michael yelled.

"And what is going to stop me from slitting her throat right now in front of you? Sure you could try to kill me, but that's just more blood on your hands. I hold her life in my hands whether you like it or not." Ashton said.

Astrid went completely still, her heart was pounding to the point where she thought everyone else could hear it. The two boys were staring at each other in silence, if Michael took even a step towards them, Ashton would slit her throat, but if he waited too long it would happen anyway. What was he going to do?