Chapter Twenty-Eight

"Astrid!" Michael yelled for what seemed like the thousandth time. Something wasn't right and he knew it. She was gone and he didn't even know where to start looking, or where she could be. He didn't think she left on her own, it's not like her to do that. He yelled out in frustration, running his hands through his hair roughly. He needed to find her, but if she's not okay, there's only so much time he can spend looking for her. Where are you? he thought to himself. 

"Having problems?" 

Michael turned around to see Calum leaning against the side of a building. 

"Do you even have to ask?" he replied. 

"What's going on? I only know there was something wrong I didn't get any details." Calum told him. 

"She's gone, Astrid is gone and I don't know where she is or what happened, I just know that she's gone." he said. "I don't know what to do, I'm so confused I don't know what's going on."

"Calm down Michael." he said, putting his hands on Michael's shoulders. "You're going to find her, I'm going to help you." 

"How are you going to do that? I told you, I don't have any idea where she went." he said. 

"I don't need you to have an idea of where she could be, I can find her." Calum said. 

"I don't understand." he said confused.

"Most angels have gifts, you don't because of the...lack of wings. Come on, if there's something wrong, we don't have much time." Calum said. 

"Where are we going?" he asked.

"Back to her house, just trust me." he said, starting back where Michael came from, with Michael following anxiously behind him. They made it back to Astrid's house and Calum sighed. "Tell me what happened when you realized she was gone." 

"I don't know I was up stairs. The only thing I knew was she wasn't in the house and the door was standing open." he said. 

"What's up stairs?" Calum asked. 

"Her bedroom." Michael replied and Calum nodded, starting up the stairs. Michael followed, walking in on Calum taking out her drawers, dumping the contents on the bed. "What are you doing?"

"Trying to find something." he mumbled, sifting through clothes and other random items that were stuffed in the drawers. 

"What are you even trying to find?" Michael asked after several minutes. 

"Something that has a strong emotional connection to her. I haven't found anything, do you have any idea of what that might be?" Calum asked and Michael shrugged. 

"No, but I can look." he said looking around the room while Calum still searched through the contents on the bed. 

"Why does she have this?" he asked, holding up the blade and the blood covered cloth that she hid in her dresser and Michael snatched the items from his hand. 

"I'd rather not talk about that." he told him, slipping the blade into his pocket like he did the previous one he found and tossing the cloth aside. He didn't like to think about that day, he found her like that. It broke his heart. 

"It had an emotional connection, just not one that was strong enough. That's why I asked. I'll keep looking." Calum said apologetically. 

"It's fine." he said. He walked over to the night stand that was beside her bed and pulled out the top drawer, but there was only one item. The ring she usually wore around her neck, she must've taken it off at some point. 

"What about this?" he asked holding up the ring.

"What is it?" Calum asked.

"Her mother's engagement ring, she wears it all the time." Michael replied handing it to Calum.

"I'll see if it works." he said. He placed it in the palm of his hand and covered it with his other hand and closed his eyes, focusing. Michael watched him with curiosity. He scrunched up his eyes and tilted his head to the side before opening them again, wide eyed. "Found her." 

"Where? How did you do that?" Michael asked, half amazed, half anxious.

"It's one of my many gifts, and she's at the storage warehouse across town. She's in trouble there's someone there with her. A guy, from what I saw, he was hurting her. We need to go now." Calum said starting out of the room.

"Wait, we?" Michael asked. "This is my mess I have to clean it up." 

"I'm coming with you dumbass. I can make you visible to everyone as long as I'm around, because there's no way you can get her out of there without beating the bastard bloody. That's the only way. Now come on." Calum said impatiently, and they both rushed down the stairs outside.

"So you going to fly us there?" Michael asked and Calum gave him a 'not amused' look.

"I don't fly, it's more like teleporting in a way I guess. Like Isadora did when she sent you here." he replied, rolling his eyes and Michael put his hands up in defense.

"Sorry, but seriously we need to go, we're wasting time." he said and Calum put his hand on Michael's shoulder.

"Correction, you're wasting time." he said before they both were no longer in front of the house, but in a parking lot out by the ware house.

"You couldn't have gotten us you know, inside?" Michael asked sarcastically.

"A simple 'Thank you Calum, you're the best' would be nice. Jesus this whole situation has put you in a bad mood." Calum said, irritation laced throughout his tone. 

"Thank you Calum, and I'm on edge, I've got to get to her now." he said. "Am I going to have to run up there?" he added and Calum nodded. 

"Afraid so, unlike Isadora, I can't send or appear in doors, stupid rule but whatever, lets go." he said as they started towards the front door and they walked in and saw the maze of storage crates that are huge. 

"How the hell am I going to find her here?" he asked mainly to himself, but a few moments later they both heard a scream that filled the air around them and he started towards the sound.

A/N: Holy jesus this sucked oh my god. I'm sorry but I was trying not to make it short and also trying to write it where loose ends can be tied up, but it was probably the most difficult chapter for me to write and yeah, don't hate me because my writing skills suddenly suck. Please vote or comment anyway? Might boost my non existent self esteem slightly, but whatever. Love you guys

-Xx E.J