Chapter Twenty-Five

A/N: 600 reads holy crap that's amazing!

"Oh lord here we go." Astrid muttered, breaking away from Michael's embrace. "Stay up here, I don't want you to see me get yelled at...again." she sighed.

"You sure?" he asked and she nodded.

"Yeah, I'll be fine..." she said trailing off and heading downstairs where she could hear Naomi and Luke arguing.

"Where is she?!" Naomi practically screeched.

"Upstairs, but don't you dare drag her into this." She heard Luke say.

"This is all her fault, she should've kept her mouth shut." She snapped. Astrid heard footsteps heading towards her and she held her breath.

"How could you not think that it was going to get out eventually? What you have been doing is unacceptable." He said and Astrid could see Naomi glare at him from around the corner.

"I haven't lost you yet, I'm still in charge of you." She said through gritted teeth and he scoffed.

"As far as I'm concerned, you aren't. I'm almost eighteen, and you have no authority over me." He said almost smugly. She narrowed her eyes at him and grabbed the front of his shirt, for a shorter woman, she was actually really strong, and yanked him down to her level, and it's not like he can push her off him, she was still a girl even if she is the spawn of satan himself. She gripped the bottom of his face.

"I liked it better when you barely spoke." she said, digging her nails into his skin and he hissed in pain. Astrid clenched her fists at her side and stormed into the kitchen where the two were arguing. 

"Stop it!" she shouted and Naomi  turned around, seething.

"You!" she screeched, letting go of Luke's face that now had deep nail imprints at the bottom. She shoved Astrid against the wall. "You told, you stupid child!" she said getting in Astrid's face. 

"Of course I did. I'm done with this abuse." Astrid said through gritted teeth, and Naomi laughed bitterly. 

"Abuse, you don't know what abuse is. This is abuse." she said. She grabbed her by the hair and pushed her into the kitchen table. Astrid cried out in pain and Naomi stood over her and kicked her in the side where she hit the table and knocked the breath out of her. From the corner of her eye, Naomi saw Luke with his phone out dialing a number. 

"I don't think so." she said snatching the phone from his hand and before he could snatch it back, she threw it across the room shattering it.

"You're psychotic." He said and she scoffed, kicking him in the midsection, and he doubled over, barely able to stand.

"Leave him alone." Astrid said, stumbling to her feet after she caught her breath. "He didn't do anything wrong." Naomi looked at her, a scowl resting on her features. She started towards Astrid, but stop when the doorbell rang and she groaned. 

"Don't move." she practically growled. She went to the door and Astrid was helping Luke to his feet. She heard voices from the door and looked around the corner and saw a police officer speaking to Naomi. She watched from the corner, and saw Maddie walk from the bathroom and ran past Naomi to the officer.

"Please help us, she hurt my brother and sister." Maddie pleaded and Naomi gave her a look as if to tell her to shut up. The officer pushed past Naomi into the house to the kitchen where Luke was leaning on the counter and Astrid went to the kitchen as well. 

The officer asked the two of them questions and Luke answered most of them, Astrid didn't want to talk. At the end the officer had Naomi in handcuffs and turned to Luke. "The court date was set in two days two towns over, she'll remain in the station and be transported the day of court. Have a good day." he said walking Naomi out of the house. Maddie ran up to the both of them and hugged them tight. 

"When I saw what was going on, I called the police." she said, frightened.

"It's all over now, it's going to be okay." Luke said comfortingly. 

"I'm not going to court." Astrid said. "Not after this, my anxiety can't handle it." she said.

"What about explaining everything?" he asked.

"You saw everything and experienced it. You can handle it, Maddie can tell what's been happening to her. You don't need me, and I can't be in the same room as her, please." she said and Luke nodded. 

"Fine, okay, but you'll be by yourself for the weekend, are you okay with that?" he asked and she nodded. 

"I'll be fine." she said because she won't be alone. He nodded.

"I'll have to leave tomorrow with Maddie, court is usually early in the morning so I'll need to get there the day before." he said and she nodded. 

"I figured. I'm going upstairs now, I need to recover." she said, slowly walking up the stairs and slammed her door shut. 

"What happened, I heard yelling and saw the cops pull up?" Michael asked concerned. He wanted to check on her but he stayed upstairs like she asked. 

"I don't want to talk about it." she said, grabbing his arm and pulling him onto her bed beside her. "All I want is cuddles." she said before nuzzling her face in the crook of his neck. 

+++

"Are you completely sure you'll be okay all weekend?" Luke asked for the hundredth time and she rolled her eyes and nodded.

"I'll be fine." she said. 

"You have your phone?" he asked. 

"Yes."

"Food?" 

"I'll order pizza." 

"Emergency numbers?"

"Luke! I'll be fine!" she said exasperated.

"I'm sorry for being worried about my little sister, I'm not going to be here to protect her." he said in his defense. 

"I'll stay home the whole time I promise." she said and he sighed.

"Okay, fine, geez." he said pulling her into a hug. "Love you little sis." he said.

"Love you too Luke." she said and hugged Maddie quickly before they walked out the door to start heading to their destination.

A/N: Well...this sucked. Oh well. I'm not entirely sure this actually happens when someone is arrested, I'm just going off of experience so yeah. Love you guys please vote and comment.

-Xx E.J