Chapter Nineteen

One Week Later

Cassie was leaning over the counter watching the customers come and go throughout the day. It's been a week since Astrid told her about her cheating boyfriend and the death threat that he delivered to her, Astrid spent that night comforting her. The whole week had been so awkward, having to distance herself from him before she broke things off with him, but there was one other thing she had to do though and that was tell the girl, Lauren, what the hell was going on. Astrid had sent a picture of Lauren because she also agreed that Lauren needed to know.

It felt like the day was dragging on. Usually she loved working at the coffee shop part time. She liked meeting new people from the other school and people around the town, she just liked talking to people in general. She was just a bubbly talkative person like that, but lately she kept to herself, not wandering around talking to everyone. She just sat at the counter, often zoning out and having waves of hurt and sadness wash over her, it was noticeable to where even her boss seemed to notice.

"Everything okay Cassie? You're not being yourself lately." He said. Her boss was close to her family, and even though they had their differences, he genuinely cared about her like she was family.

"It's all fine. It'll be okay soon." she said just as the door of the shop opened, the bells at the top chiming, and she saw a blonde girl with her hair pulled up into a ponytail. She sat down at a booth and Cassie recognized the girl, she was the girl Astrid sent her the picture of. She turned to her boss and gave a weak smile. "Maybe sooner than I think. I'm going on my lunch break." she said and he nodded and walked over to the booth and sat down. Lauren looked up from her phone.

"Can I help you?" she asked. Cassie put on a fake smile.

"Hi I'm Cassie, I work here. You're Lauren Blackwell right?" she asked and Lauren nodded hesitantly.

"Yeah, do I know you?" Lauren asked and Cassie dropped the smile.

"No, most likely not unless he ever mentioned me, but I highly doubt that with all of my heart." she said. Lauren looked at her, a confused expression written on her face.

"I'm sorry, but I have no clue what you're talking about." she said and Cassie sighed.

"I'm talking about Ashton. Our boyfriend." Cassie said bluntly, not caring to sugar coat it.

"Excuse me, did you say our boyfriend?" Lauren asked, losing a bit of her patience with the waitress sitting in front of her.

"Yes, I did. He's been playing us both you know, sneaking around and leading us to believe he actually loves us. It's all a big lie, just a game to him, and I apologize for having to be the one to deliver this news, but I'm not going to sugar coat it and I'm not letting him get away with this." Cassie said. She could see the hurt that was evident on her face. Tears were building up, but Lauren refused to cry in front of anyone.

"No," she said shaking her head. "I don't believe it. Why should I trust what you have to say?" Lauren said narrowing her eyes at Cassie and she shrugged.

"Because," she started, leaning forward. "I was also played. He told me he exact same things that he told you. Get your phone out, I can prove it." she said. Lauren pulled out her phone as did Cassie.

"Pull up his contact, compare the numbers, it's the same. Now read the messages he's sent me and then the ones he sent you and then tell me that you don't believe me." Cassie said. Lauren scanned through both sets of messages before setting the phones on the table and putting her face in her hands.

"You're right. Everything he said to me, meant nothing at all." she said, her voice cracking.

"Then let's not let him get away with this. After my shift is over in like an hour, text him and tell him to meet you there and I'll come with and we catch him there and end it. Deal?" Cassie asked and Lauren nodded. "Good, I'll see you in an hour." she said before heading back to the counter to complete her shift.

+++

It had been an hour and now Lauren stood outside of CoCo's waiting for Cassie. She sent Ashton a text asking him to her up by the school in ten minutes, now she just had to wait for Cassie to clock out. Cassie exited the building and met her out front.

"You ready to go? Where are we meeting him?" she asked and Lauren sighed.

"My school. I'll drive if you don't mind." she mumbled. Cassie could tell that she was upset, she was too when she found out, but it's supposed to get better after, right?

"Don't worry, it's for the best." Cassie said getting in on the passenger side of the car while Lauren got in on the drivers side.

The car ride was silent and awkward. Lauren didn't like Cassie very much, but most girls don't like the other girls that their boyfriend cheated on them with, and the feeling was mutual. They both just wanted to get this over with so they didn't have see each other ever again.

They pulled up into the parking lot of the school where sure enough he was waiting. "Stay in the car, I'll bring him over." Lauren said slamming the door shut and walking across the lot towards him.

"Hey, what'd you need to talk about that you couldn't over the phone?" he asked. She shrugged and shoved her hands in her pockets.

"Walk to my car with me." she said and started towards her car with him falling into step behind her. "I wanted to ask you something." she said standing in front of the passenger door, blocking his view from Cassie.

"What is it?" he asked and she stepped out of the way, opening the door revealing Cassie who stepped out of the car.

"What made you think you could get away with something like this?!" Lauren snapped and his eyes widened, looking Cassie up and down and she crossed her arms, glaring at him.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about. Who is this?" he lied and Cassie rolled her eyes.

"You can't deny it Ashton, we caught you. There's nothing you can do to try to convince us that we don't know what we're talking about." Lauren said.

"Okay, fine you caught me. Now what?" he said and both Cassie and Lauren answered at the same time.

"We're done." they both said.

"No, you can't do that. You both can't leave." he said.

"Watch us." Cassie said, giving him a mocking look as they both got back in Lauren's car and driving off, leaving him alone in the empty parking lot.

A/N: Hi, again. So this was I don't know actually. It had to be done but it's just kind of boring to me I guess but oh well things are going to start up in the next few chapters so don't leave. Please vote and comment. Thanks

-Xx E.J