chapter 16

"commander thatch, all the work is done. let's go" said one of the chef.

It was late in the night and few chefs and thatch always stay behind to prepare for next day's breakfast.
(As in washing vegetable, cutting vegetable and all)

"Ohh okay, good work everyone and you guys go ahead, I just have to check few things" thatch said to the other chefs.

Nodding to thatch they all went ahead to their respective rooms.

Few minutes later~

Thatch was done checking everything and they need few things from the next island they are going to dock on besides that everything is good.

Thatch sighed and sat on one of the Chairs with the devil fruit in his hand.

"Now what should I do? Should I eat this fruit or not?" Thatch was Talking to himself, wondering what should he do with this devil fruit.

"Im a pirate and I love sea, and not being able to swim, making the sea dislike me.Nahh not a chance, so it's final I'm not gonna eat this fruit" thatch said nodding to himself.

"Okay time to go to bed" thought thatch and check everything ones again, and went outside to his room.

But as soon as he step outside of the galley door, chills run down his spine.

"What's with this bad feeling and uneasiness" thatch thought, and instantly used his haki to check if anything is wrong but surprisingly nobody is there and it's all good.

Shrugging, thatch made his way towards his room since he used haki and found nothing is wrong he lowered his guard and was relaxed. halfway through.

"Thatch" 'thachyyy".

Ace and luffy was walking towards their room more like commanders room, all the commanders have their own room and their rooms are next to eachother.

When they saw thatch coming from opposite direction lost in his thoughts with a devil fruit in his hand.

Before luffy could run to him or ace could give him the good news about him joining the WB pirates. They saw a silhouette with a knife like thing in its hand. The sharp thing was pointed towards thatch chest, ready to Stab him in heart. When they screamed.

"Thatch" "thatchyyy".

Thatch was walking towards his room , lost in his thoughts.when he hear his name yelled out. He instantly looked up to see ace and luffy with a horrific face.

"Behind you" ace yelled out when he saw the silhouette was going to stab thatch.

Upon listening to ace, he turned around and he saw a knife coming for his chest. Thanks to his pirate life and quick reflexes. He was able to dodge it in time but it didn't stop it from hurting him. He moved, instead of heart he got stabbed in his bicep.

Ace saw thatch getting away on time but still he got stabbed in his bicep.

"This devil fruit is mine" that person yelled and pulled out another knife to kill thatch, But was only able to graze his sides. Ones again thanks to the quick reflexes.

All of it happen so fast that thatch wasn't even able to understand what is happening.

Before that person could do anything else ace lunged forward.

As he did that, he made a contact with that person. That was a man, clearly a man.

The man screamed from surprise and from pain since ace was on fire too. The moment ace made contact with that man's body he was on fire from so much anger.