chapter 18 (2/2)

"so that's what happened and we tried to call our Gramps too but the den den mushi didn't connected" ace said with disappointment.

He never thought that one day something like this will happen and their Gramps won't be there to help his own grandsons. He was angry at his Gramps.

"Damm marines, going after a little kid and they call themselves justice." Vista said angrily.

When ace said about his grandpa, thatch decided to ask him about his grandpa and clear his doubt too.

"So ace who is your grandpa?"

"Umm thatch... it's vice admiral garp. He is our grandpa."

The room suddenly fell silent.

"What!??" Kingdew screamed , so they were right, we really has a marines grandchildren and not just any marine but the grandchildren of marine hero garp the fist.

"I knew it" thatch said and ace looked at him confused.

"When we get to know about luffy, and how his surname is also monkey d, so we had a doubt that he might or might not be garps grandson " izou said when he noticed ace's confused gaze.

"But ace I did not understand one thing," izo said looking at ace.

"Why are marines after marine heros grandson, why they are after luffy?" Izou said what was on everybody's mind.

"Yeah why they are after luffy, ace?" Thatch repeated.

Ace shifted nervously on his seat, he was scared and Marco noticed it.

"Ace it's alright, you can trust us yoi" Marco said reassuringly.

Ace nodded at him. It's not like he don't trust them. It just he doesn't know how they are going to react after hearing as to why they are after luffy.

"Before that I would like to tell you all something, Marco and oyaji already know about it" ace said and standup from his seat.

He bowed 90° and said

"First thankyou for accepting someone like me as your brother"

They all smiled, they want to tell him that they are happy and grateful to have him as their brother but decided to let ace finish first.

"And second i don't know how you are going to react to this but my real name is gol d Ace, I'm the son of gol d Roger, the pirate king" ace said nervously he don't know how they are going to react oyaji and Marco didn't had any problem but he don't know about them.

He decided to say his heritage first to make sure that luffy is safe. Its not like he doesn't trust them but he just want to confirm that, the big secret that he decided to tell them won't hurt luffy in any way.

"What? You are Rogers son , I knew it. You looked alot like him when he was young except for freckles." Thatch said happily.

All of them smiled and said how even his behaviour remind them of Roger.

And trust me ace did not expected that, this is a total diffrent reaction.

"Wait! So you don't have any problem with me?" ace asked surprised, feeling happy.

"You are so stupid ace, Roger was our friend, I mean we were friendly rivals, his crew and our crew has lots of good memories together." Jozu said with a smile. Ahh the good old days.

"Yeah he is right ace and Roger was a really good man" thatch said smiling.

And ace never felt more happy about it. He was happy that their are people besides luffy who are ready to accept him. And he hates his father just a little less than before now, don't get him wrong he still hate his father. But now it doesn't seem that bad.