chapter 26

"Being alone hurts worse than pain." His Luffy was dead?

"AAAAAAAAHHH!" He shouted, effectively waking up everyone in the room that wasn't unconscious, not that he cared right at this moment as images of two young boys flashed before his eyes and his vision blurred and gained a black border.

At once Ace shot up and shot a flame pillar towards Sabo who managed to dodge instinctively. Luffy was pulled away from him and towards Ace who jumped out of the bed, while ash inquired about his identity. Sabo however couldn't make sense of the words the others uttered. His eyes were glued to the unconscious form of the little kid.

"Luffy..." He whispered as he took a shaky step towards the unconscious boy in Ace's arms. With a snarl Ace jumped back, unwilling to fight in such a cramped room filled with medical equipment, but also unwilling to let some stranger touch his brother. He did his best not to jostle him too much, but while moving Luffy several cables fell to the floor due to the movement and a single shrill sound filled the room, halting all of their movements. The ventilator machine keeping Luffy alive had been disconnected.

"Luffy!" Ace cried desperately.

Sabo's eyes widened at the sound and he turned towards one of the screen that now showed a flatline. He couldn't breathe anymore as more and more memories of his childhood flashed in front of his eyes. Blindly he reached for Luffy and almost fell but was steadied by marco who had appeared at his side and was again saying something. His head pounded and the room began to spin. Ace... Luffy... his Luffy was... dead?

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHH!" Sabo screamed again before his body gave in and he toppled over and fell towards the fire-man.

"Sabo san!" Marco caught him and pulled him away from Ace and Luffy.

"Sabo?!" Ace couldn't believe his ears. His flames almost came back full force, only the knowledge that Luffy would be hurt kept him from losing it.

"What the hell is going on here?" Tate slammed the door open and shouted from top of her lungs.

"Lay luffy down!" the head nurse tate ordered not even waiting for an answer. She surveyed the damage done to the room and glared at Marco who was holding another unconscious body. "And put that one in a bed as well!"

She checked over luffy, well it's good that ace didn't move much away from bed and all the iv lines were still connected to his hand. She injected medicine in luffy's iv line.

She again put ventilator on luffy's mouth. She nodded towards Ace to let him know Luffy was still as well as he could be.

Her attention went back to the blond, whom Marco had just placed on the other bed. "Take of his shoes and put the blanket over him. He's sweating buckets! Most likely has a fever. Stop adding more work!"

"And who is he?? " She asked as she check his nerves.

"Well his name is sabo and he is from revolutionary army " Marco said.

"Is this a joke?!" Ace yelled. "What the hell are you playing at?"

"Calm down!!" Marco laid a hand on Ace's burning shoulder to keep him from acting rashly. As a phoenix he could easily deal with whatever Ace hit him with.

"No.. he can't be sabo, he has blonde hair but he is not sabo my brother... Our brother, sabo died long ago" ace whispered. It's too much he is having a headache now.

"Calm down ace, I don't want another patient, don't worry he will wake up soon and then you can ask him whatever you want okay, now everybody get out from here including you ace you need some rest me and ash will take care of luffy" tate said as she shooed all of them out