Chapter Three: Coming Home

A/N: Enjoy the update. 😘

•••

Jisoo didn't sleep much, she couldn't get Jennie out of her head. Her scent still invaded her senses and her voice had reinvigorated her soul. She had expected to come home to an empty bed and fall asleep to the music she kept on to drown her thoughts. Jennie threw a wrench into those plans with her unexpected visit.

She knew the conversation was overdue but she struggled to keep up. Things started well but then she was thrown a curveball she hadn't seen coming. A son. How had that happened? She knew how he came to be but she never thought she would have children like this.

She and Jennie never bothered with protection. Jennie was the only girl she didn't use protection with. Blame it on being young and irresponsible. She wanted kids one day but certainly not at 22, well 25 now. She knew Jennie was on the pill but apparently, it wasn't enough. She didn't blame anyone for the pregnancy, she only wished she knew sooner. She wished she was there for the beginning milestones that she'd missed. Finding out, ultrasounds, birthing plans, baby showers, painting the nursery, the chaos of getting to the hospital, the birth, cutting his chord, naming him...the list could go on forever.

Kim Jisu. He was a beautiful boy. She wanted a picture saved on her phone. Knowing Jennie was probably already on the plane she sent a text with a simple request. Will you please send me a picture or two of Jisu? She sighed at the name Jennie had given him. She hoped it was okay that she used it as well.

She was shocked at how quickly Jennie responded. She looked at the pictures she received. One of Jisu on his first birthday, one on his second, and a third of him snuggled into Jennie both with beaming smiles and eyes staring directly into her own. A choked sob fell from her lips as she looked closely at the two. She searched the young boy's face who wore her smile, her eyes, and her jawline. He was her little clone but with Jennie's beautiful hair.

A knock brought her out of her thoughts as set her phone down. Shuffling down the hall towards her door, she wasn't sure she could handle another unexpected guest. She didn't have friends here and wasn't expecting a delivery. She readied herself knowing that obviously,  Jennie was not the only one who knew where she was now.

Opening the door, her heart soared at the visitor. She wasn't sure how this meeting would go but if anyone other than Jennie were to show up unannounced she was glad this was who it was. Moving to the side she allowed her visitor to step inside.

"You left Seoul for a shit hole."

She suppressed the shocked smile that threatened to take over her face. Now was not the time to be excited. This conversation was bound to go south fast.

"I did."

"When will you be returning home?"

Jisoo shook her head unsure of how to respond. "I would leave now if I could but first I need to square things away at work."

She removed herself from the strained silence and grabbed two bottles of water.

When she walked in the room the other figure was hovering by the door. "Get dressed, we're going to breakfast." She knew better than to disagree so she dressed herself at record speed joining her companion before they had time to realize she was gone.

The walk was tense as she thought of what to say. How could she explain herself to the only person who held more faith in her than Jennie? The disgust with herself was back and she groaned at the thought of the conversation that was going to come soon.

"I saw Jennie after she left you. Care to tell me what happened?" Her head shot up at the words. They had been with Jennie? Jennie didn't mention... shaking her head to clear her thoughts, she reached back into last night's events.