Chapter Sixteen: The Ultrasound

Jisoo was sore as hell this morning, and the run did nothing to improve her exhaustion. Jennie's hormones over the last three weeks kept her busy and she wasn't sure how she was going to make it at this rate.

Pouring herself an unusually large coffee, Jisoo leaned over the papers sprawled in front of her. She stared at the words trying to make sense of the mess that seemed to never end.

Over the last few weeks, Jisoo spent three evenings a week having dinner with Chaeyoung trying to reconnect. The last time she was there, Chaeyoung had exploded in frustration. She wasn't violent, her voice just raised as she yelled out her irritation at not understanding anything. Jisoo had been grateful Lisa missed dinner because when Chaeyoung dissolved into frustrated tears, she finally felt like she had her sister back. It was a special moment the two girls needed, and they spent the rest of the night in each other's arms as their bond began to restore, and Jisoo felt her heart healing.

Jisoo understood Chaeyoung's frustration at not understanding anything, she could feel it herself when trying to figure out what Tiffany wanted with Jennie. Her eyes scanned the new information that Donghyuk provided her with as she drank from her mug.

"Find anything?" Jennie's sultry voice pulled her from her thoughts.

"Nothing that makes sense," Jisoo responded repositioning herself so the other girl could sit in her lap.

"You're up too early, you're exhausted." Jennie cuddled into her body wrapping her arms tightly around Jisoo's neck.

"Who's fault is that?" Jisoo chuckled kissing Jennie gently.

"I won't apologize for needing you, last time was hell."

"How'd you deal with it?"

"When I wasn't crying, I was masturbating." Jisoo smiled softly at the girl's words.

"I'm sorry, love," Jisoo kissed Jennie again. The kiss intensified, and Jisoo barely managed to pull away for air. "What are you doing out of bed?"

"I missed you," Jennie smiled kissing Jisoo again. "Also, the realtor called and we got the house."

Jisoo smiled as the girl's words sunk in. "We got the house?" Excitement coursed through her as she set Jennie on the table in front of her. Jennie nodded as Jisoo's hands ran up and down her thighs, kissing her hard.

"Not in the kitchen," Lisa grumbled interrupting them.

"We weren't doing anything, just a mini celebration laced with promises for later." Jennie smiled kissing Jisoo firmly.

They heard the familiar shuffling of tiny feet as Jisu walked into the kitchen. Jisoo felt arms wrap around her thigh and bent over to pick up the little boy.

"Good thing I interrupted or he would be scarred," Lisa chuckled snagging Jisoo's coffee.

Jisoo would have smacked Lisa's hand if she would have been anyone else. Over the last few months, the two girls had become more sisters than friends, and although the action wasn't to inflict pain, she knew it may trigger the girl. She could see the mischievous glint in the other girl's eyes and knew that Lisa was taking advantage, but couldn't find it in her to care.

"We have an appointment today, my Dad is going to pick up Jisu in two hours," Jennie said sliding off the table.

"Surfing lessons?" Jisu asked from his spot on Jisoo's neck. Jisoo laughed at the groan that emanated from Jennie.

"Not today, baby boy," Jisoo kissed his forehead and set him down so she could clean up her mess. "I think you're going to the aquarium today."

Jisu nodded his head and attached himself to Jisoo's leg unhappy at being set down. Jisoo rushed to clean up and put away the paperwork so she could pick him back up. This was her favorite part of the day; much like Jennie, Jisu would snuggle into her for 30 minutes every morning as he attempted to wake up.