Chapter Twenty: Happy Birthday, Jennie!🔞

Jennie groaned out her refusal to open her eyes and join the land of the living when she felt the jolt of tiny hands shaking her body.

"Happy Birthday, Mommy!" Jisu climbed on the bed beside her and kissed her stomach before he curled into her chest.

"Thank you," Jennie cooed wrapping her arms around the boy next to her. "I thought I got to sleep in today."

"Mama said you've slept in enough," Jisu giggled. "it's breakfast time."

It wasn't her actual birthday, that was Thursday but today they were celebrating it. Jennie finally opened her eyes and looked at the time. Noticing it was after ten, Jennie decided she would need to finally get out of bed despite the late night before.

"Did you let Mama cook?" Jennie asked the boy in her arms.

"No, Grandma made breakfast." Jisu untangled himself from Jennie and slid off the bed.

"It would be rude to poison you on your birthday, love." Jisoo's amused voice came from behind her.

Jennie tried to sit up but struggled slightly due to the additional weight that she was still unused to. She felt Jisoo pull her up gently and kiss her softly.

"Getting around was so much easier with Jisu until the last month," Jennie groaned.

"Well, you were 22 and only carrying one baby back then, love." Jennie groaned at Jisoo's words as she stood from the bed and walked to the bathroom. "You're 21 weeks along and carrying twins, you can't expect to still be able to jump out of bed."

"Maybe not jump but I feel like a whale, these kids of yours are growing too fast."

"Sooyoung says they are growing at the appropriate speed, it's only different because there's two of them." Jennie rolled her eyes at Jisoo. She wanted to be grumpy because she was still exhausted but she knew the other girl was right.

Jennie walked into the bathroom to start her morning routine. Smiling at herself as she brushed her teeth, she thought back over the past month. She really couldn't complain about how life was going for her. Things were good at home and work, the move was finished without any drama, and her friends and family were constantly doting on her. Jisoo, more than anyone, made sure she was always taken care of and Jisu had been an angel as always.

Just like all of her birthdays since Jisu was born, Dara showed up to make her favorite breakfast. Usually, she would take Jisu for the day to shop for a gift but this year Jisoo had probably taken care of everything already. Jennie finished her routine wondering what the day would bring. This year may have started similar to the last three but with the addition of Jisoo, her pregnancy, and the absence of her mother, Jennie was curious what the day held.

Walking downstairs and into the kitchen, Jennie let out a gasp. The smell was heavenly and her mouth instantly watered. Indra stood before her plating grits, eggs, sausage, bacon, home-fried potatoes, and pancakes.

"Happy Birthday Jennie," Dara said. Feeling herself being pulled into a hug, Jennie allowed herself to fall into the embrace of Dara's strong arms.

"Don't hog her, I haven't seen her since the move," Jiyong's voice called out from behind her. Dara released Jennie before she was pulled into a full embrace by Jiyong. "Happy Birthday, Jennie. Come on, we have a big day ahead of us."

Jennie followed Jiyong to the dining room.

"Happy Birthday," everyone yelled from their various positions around the table.

Instantly, she was overcome with emotions as she looked around the room. The table was beautifully set with various flower arrangements, her group of friends and family were sitting at the table smiling at her, and Jisoo with a beautiful smile stood with Jisu waiting for her to approach her seat.