Chapter Twenty-Three: Sibling Squabbles and Fluff🔞

"We have a doctor's appointment in the morning," Jennie said sitting on the couch.

"I thought it was Thursday," Jisoo replied.

"Tomorrow is Thursday," Jennie laughed.

Jisoo looked up at Jennie with a small frown.

"You're tired, you should go to bed." Jennie kissed Jisoo gently.

"I've been so busy with everything I guess I just lost track of time. I'll be there, my schedule for the morning is already clear." Jisoo stood from the couch stretching out. "I need a shower, love."

"I'll get the kids ready for bed and meet you in a little bit." Jennie stood up and walked with Jisoo up the stairs.

"NO YOSHI, CLEAN IT UP NOW!" Jennie and Jisoo exchanged glances and headed to the sound of Lia's raised voice.

"I DON'T WANT TO!" Yoshi shouted back at his sister.

Jennie watched as Lia's hand raised to strike her younger brother. Jisoo was quick to stop her before she hit the boy beside her.

"We don't hit in this house," Jisoo said sternly looking down at Lia.

"He won't clean up the mess he made and--"

"We will deal with Yoshi, he's not your responsibility," Jennie spoke up moving into the room.

"Hitting is never acceptable, Lia." Jisoo picked up Yoshi and set him on her hip. "Did you make this mess Monkey?"

The little boy nodded into her shoulder but didn't speak. The fear on his face broke Jennie's heart as she watched the two brunettes move around the room.

"It's almost bedtime, your sister is right you need to clean up. But, raised voices and fighting will not be tolerated in this home. Do you understand?" Jisoo asked both children.

Both kids nodded their response before Jisoo set Yoshi back on the floor.

"You help him in here and talk to him. I'm going to take Lia with me for a chat." Jennie kissed Jisoo on the cheek before reaching out for Lia's hand.

The two made their way silently to the master bedroom.

"Jisu, why are you in here?" Jennie asked the little boy sitting in the middle of the bed.

"They're loud, Mommy." Jennie laughed at the exhausted response and motioned for him to climb out of the bed.

"Welcome to having siblings," Jennie said to the boy. "Go help Mama and Yoshi clean up, it's time for bed."

Once Jisu was out of the room, Jennie shut the door and motioned for Lia to sit with her on the bed.

"Do I get a spanking now?" Lia asked suddenly.

"We don't hit in this house, we talk," Jennie said quietly to the little girl beside her. "Why were you so upset that Yoshi wouldn't clean up?"

"If we don't keep everything clean, you'll send us away." Lia sniffled into Jennie's side.

"We're not going to send you away. You have to understand that you're safe here now. Even if that were a possibility? Why did you think it's okay to hit him?" Jennie rubbed circles on the girl's back.

"Daddy said the best way to make people do what they are supposed to do is to make them."

"Is that how he made you do what he wanted?"

"Yes, I just wanted Yoshi to be good so you'd keep us."

"Listen to me, whether you're good or bad you are NOT going anywhere. I promise you, we will do everything in our power to keep you here and safe. But there is no hitting allowed, do you understand?"