Chapter Six: Secrets

A/N: Tomorrow will be the following update: Enjoy!

•••

Being able to run on the beach with the waves hitting her feet at a steady rhythm gave her peace she hadn't known before. It was a chance to clear her mind before the chaotic day that lay ahead. Jisoo was dreading the dinner and to be honest, she was hoping Wendy would be gone before she got back to the house.

The music that pounded in her ears suddenly stopped as her ringtone went off. With a disgruntled grunt, Jisoo stopped to answer the call.

"Hello."

"Good Morning," Jennie's voice rang in her ear causing her irritation to slip away.

"To what do I owe the pleasure of a call at 6 in the morning?"

"It's 7 and I was hoping you would keep Jisu for the day. I know it's last minute and I usually have Saturdays off but a client called and is willing to pay double." Jisoo hadn't realized how long she had been running up and down the shoreline so she started walking towards Donghyuk's house.

"Of course, I'll keep him. Oppa and I were going to go car shopping though. Do you have an extra seat for him?"

"Oppa has one in his car, I'll buy you a spare."

"Don't worry about it, I can get one at Target before we head to the dealership."

"Don't get one like Oppa and I have, he's getting too big so it will be a waste of money. I can send you a picture of the one I'm buying for my car or I can just buy one and bring it with me to dinner."

"Just send the picture, I'll buy one for both of us." She heard the sigh on the other end of the phone.

"Jisoo?"

"I'm here."

"Thank you."

"You don't have to thank me, never thank me for helping with Jisu." Jisoo wanted to prove to Jennie she wasn't alone in taking care of Jisu anymore. She missed the first two and a half years but she wouldn't miss any more time with the little boy.

"I'll drop him off in an hour."

"I'll see you both soon." Jisoo hung up the phone and picked up her pace as she jogged back to the house.

Finally reaching Donghyuk twenty minutes later, Jisoo took a shower before heading to the kitchen to eat breakfast. When she walked in she noticed Wendy at the stove cooking. Unsure of what to say, Jisoo turned to leave the room.

"Jennie called while you were in the shower and said she didn't feed Jisu yet. She asked if I'd make him breakfast, there's enough for you too." As Wendy spoke, Jisoo turned back towards her. Jisoo continued staring at Wendy as she turned off the burners of the stove. Before she could speak, Wendy started talking again. "I'm sorry for last night Jisoo. I didn't mean for you to overhear Donghyuk and me but either way, I'm sorry for how I acted." Jisoo nodded in response as Donghyuk entered the kitchen.

The next twenty minutes were spent with the three of them setting up breakfast. When the doorbell rang, Jisoo began to prepare Jisu's breakfast plate.

"Thanks for cooking for him, I didn't have time," she heard Jennie behind her.

She wasn't able to hear the rest of the conversation when a head of blonde appeared jumping into her lap. Smiling broadly at her with dimpled cheeks sat her son.

"Mommy said we're getting a car today." Jisoo wouldn't ever stop being amazed at how many things excited the little boy. She hoped his positive attitude and spirit never faded.