Chapter Twenty-Six: A Series of Unfortunate Events

Darkness surrounded her and all that could be heard was the drip from a leaky faucet. The stench of the muggy room turned her stomach and she had to breathe through her mouth in hopes that she wouldn't throw up on herself.

Jisoo searched her memory trying to figure out where she was and how she got there. The ropes digging into her skin as she shifted in the chair proved to her that she wasn't here by choice. The last thing she remembered was Jennie and the kids walking into the house while she pulled the gifts from the back of her truck.

Alarm bells rang through her head as fear coursed through her veins. Jisoo struggled to break free from her restraints so that she could go and make sure her family was okay. She wouldn't die today, not like this. She wouldn't die without knowing her family was safe.

Hearing the sound of a door open behind her, Jisoo attempted to turn her head and see the intruder. Hearing a gun cock behind her head, Jisoo thought back on the last time she saw the smiling faces of her family.

36 hours earlier

"Jennie, this is ridiculous. Who has a baby shower at a country club?" Jisoo whined.

"Babe, we need the room." Jennie continued doing her hair without turning to look at Jisoo.

"We have more than enough room here and here is free."

"Here means we have to do all the work and I want to be able to relax without worrying about a house full of guests."

Jisoo huffed at the amused giggle Lia let out from in front of her. Jisoo continued braiding the girl's hair while she brooded over having to dress up for a baby shower.

"Go get your brothers please and start getting ready," Jisoo said kissing Lia on the cheek before she ran off.

Walking into the bathroom, Jisoo slid her arms around Jennie's waist rubbing her now 35-week baby bump.

"They will be here soon, I can't believe how fast your pregnancy went." Jisoo kissed Jennie on the back of the neck.

"Fast? I need them out as soon as possible. I love them dearly but they are exhausting me." Jennie turned in Jisoo's arms. Snaking her arms around Jisoo's neck, Jennie leaned in and connected their lips.

"Eww Mama," Jisu let out a whine entering the bathroom.

"Come on, let's get your hair done so we can get you two dressed." Jisoo picked both boys up and sat them on the counter. She started her own hair and makeup while Jennie styled the boy's hair.

"You both need a haircut," Jennie said as she struggled to get Yoshi's hair to spike properly.

"We can all get our hair done Monday, I'll make an appointment," Jisoo said as she finished braiding her hair in a style similar to Lia's.

"I don't want it cut off," Jisu whined.

"Just a trim, you can keep growing it," Jennie said as she switched to style his hair.

"Hey Monkey, your clothes are laid out on my side of the bed. Start getting ready and I'll help you finish when I'm done." Jisoo said setting the young boy on the ground before starting her makeup.

The young boy rushed out of the room to get ready. Jisoo listened to Jisu and Jennie talk as she continued getting ready. Despite her protests of having the baby shower at an overpriced country club, she couldn't wait to celebrate the newest additions to their family.

"Jisu don't jump --" Jennie let out an exasperated sigh as Jisu ignored her and jumped off the counter.

"Your clothes are on Mommy's side of the bed, I'm almost done," Jisoo yelled as he raced out of the room.