His Majesty's Personal Maid - Stand Off

Hello Everyone! It has been a year since I last updated this story. For all my loyal readers of this story, your long awaited chapter update has finally come! I hope you enjoy the new chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Recap: The image faded as I stood there, unable to move, Kai slowly sanding up and turning to face me with a sad smile. Because he knew what I knew, the Queen used to work with my uncle.

Maria's P.O.V

The room was painfully silent as the image faded from the room. I stood there in silent awe of the Queen knowing my uncle, let alone working with him. She was a queen for God's sake! What the hell was she doing as a mercenary!? Kai was talking to Zeus and the King as I stood there being as useless as always.

I started to make my way out of the room when Zeus grabbed my hand and spoke in a spin chilling voice, not one of a man that just lost his mother

"Maria, I need you to stay here. This issue concerns you and Kai now. You are forbidden to leave these grounds and are to be placed in the dungeon until further notice. Fighting is futile and I would prefer not to have to waste good men on getting you down there."

I stared at him hard and then to Kai, who nervously looked away from me. I wanted to ask, why me? What did I do to deserve to be taken to the dungeon and then it hit me like a bucket of cold water, they thought I lead my uncle to her. They think I'm the reason why she is dead. If he honestly thinks I'm going o go anywhere without a fight he is sadly mistaken. Especially when it seems like Kai just threw me under the bus.

"Zeus if you can let go of my hand I'll behave and go quietly with you." Zeus reluctantly released my hand, that was a great mistake on his part. I encircle Kai in the same teleportation spell as me and imagine us somewhere outside the castle ground, somewhere he and I are both extremely familiar with, the place he was once sealed in.

Jack's P.O.V

I left Maria outside as I attempt to get Alexandra to calm down, I feel like this will be something I will come to regret. Alexandra stares at me with her big brown eyes and whispers to me

"Please Jack, just for today, don't leave me alone. Zeus doesn't need to know , just like before, just one night."

If it was before, before I met Maria, before I felt such a strong connection to someone I barely knew, I would have said yes. I would have scummed to to my old desire to be with her. But this time I won't.

"I'm sorry Alexandra, but I can't. For one this is wrong! You are my brother's fiancee . The future Queen of this Country. I will not sleep with you again. I'm sorry. I know you are trying to find some relief from the grief of the Queen's death but doing this is wrong."

Slowly, I unwrapped her arms from me and started to make my way to the door. I breathed deeply as I prepare myself to talk to Maria. As I open the door, I hear loud shouts coming from my mother's room. I started to make my way over there when Zeus comes storming out of the room speaking with my father

"We need to find her! She must know something, Kai was going to help us get to the center of that organization. Why didn't he stop her from sending them away?! Goddammit it! Where are the Magus in this damn castle?! Find someone who can find her!"

Zeus sees me and grabs me by the shirt and threatens me in a chilling tone "If the wench you allowed to get so close to you is the reason our mother is dead I will never let you live this down." He pushed me back and continued to bark out orders.

I was shocked with what he said. I wasn't too sure what was happening but I sure as hell was about to find out. And the first thing I had to do was find Maria.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! I hoped you enjoyed this chapter. I'm sorry it's so short but I'll be updating again later this week!! Don't forget to vote and comment! Love you guys! :)