His Majesty's Personal Maid - All We Are

Hey guys! Ireally appreciate everyone that has stay a loyal fan even though I haven't uploaded in a few months. I've got a  whole lot of twists and turns heading your way and I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! Don't forget to vote and comment some feedback! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                       His Majesty's Personal Maid Chapter 9 - All We Are

I could feel my blood turn cold as Kai mentioned my uncle. That man should burn in hell. I turned to Kai with a stiff smile and said

"Lets not talk about that right now. We should get some rest before the fight tomorrow."

The usual hyper active Kai nodded softly and followed me to the bedroom where he threw himself on the bed and I snuggled up beside him thinking about what might occur in tomorrow's fight. 

The next day approached all too soon, Kai was over the moon with wanting to fight Jack and Jack seemed angry at the very existence of him. As they got into fighting position, a crowd started to gather around them. Mostly they were just the men from the army, but there were also people from the royal court I'm sure they were all too excited to see the young prince fail. 

Zeus spoke with a voice of authority just like the Kings "Let the fight begin." As the fight between them was about to begin everyone froze to the sound of blood chilling screams. A woman covered in blood was running down the corridor, which we all soon recognized as Alexandra. She was frantic as she clung to Jack. As Jack tried to calm her down, Zeus ordered everyone to leave the scene and after a moments hesitation everyone started to leave, leaving only Jack, Zeus, Alexandra, Kai and I in the fighting grounds. After she seemed to have calmed down enough that she could speak Zeus asked her 

"What happened Alexandra? Why are you covered in blood?"

She continued to sob as Zeus grabbed her by the arm and asked her again 

"What happened Alexandra? Don't make me repeat myself again."

Her sobs quieted down as she spoke in a broken voice "S-s-she was covered in so much blood, she wasn't m-moving, the Q-q-queen wasn't moving. She was bleeding so much, I tried to wake her up but she wouldn't wake up, Jack why wouldn't she wake up?!" 

You could feel the chills going down your spine as she spoke and continued to cling to Jack. Zeus cursed softly as he turned to Kai and told him to follow him to the crime scene of the now dead Queen, his mother, Jack's mother. I stood there looking down at Jack and the broken down Alexandra in his arms. There was nothing I could say or do to help him, I felt so hopeless at this moment. After a few moments that seemed like an eternity, Jack picked Alexandra up and helped her to her room with me following quietly behind them. 

Jack turned to me right before they entered her bedroom and he spoke in the same voice he spoke to me when I first met Alexandra 

"Maria do you mind waiting outside. I'll be out as soon as I can get her to sleep."  

I just nodded my head not trusting my voice not to break. As the door closed I slid down the wall and just sat there, absolutely useless, some maid I was. I know Jack and I haven't know each other for a long time but he's just different to me, he feels special. And I just can't understand this growing need to be with him. Before anymore useless thoughts started to crawl into my mind, I stood up and walked toward the Queen's room. The place was filled with the special guards and the Royal Family. I quietly slipped pass the guards towards the front of the group where I could finally see the room.

The room was filled with blood splatter and in the midst of all the gore you saw the delicate body of the Queen in a white gown painted red with her own blood. The King stood near the body, you could see him almost look human as he just stared quietly at the body of the woman he loved. Zeus was standing next to a squatted down Kai. He was painting a magic circle around the Queen with her own blood. I haven't seen that magic in a long time, it helps you see the last memories of the dead body. As everyone sat there in silence we all stared up to see the last moments of the Queen and hopefully her murderer too. 

As the image started to form I saw a man that was all too familiar, my uncle. He stood looking down on the body of the Queen covered in blood and whispered to her as her life slipped away "This is all we are and this is all we ever will be. Pixie you shouldn't have said you quit." 

The image faded as I stood there, unable to move. Kai slowly standing up and turning to face me with a sad smile. Because he knew what I knew, the Queen used to work with my uncle. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you guys enjoyed the new chapter! :D In the next few chapters you are going to be learning more about Maria, Pixie, Jack, and Kai. You'll be seeing more developments between the characters! Look forward to tomorrows update!

The song for this chapter is All We Are by Matt Nathanson. 

Don't forget to vote and give me your feedback on this chapter! I love reading what you guys think, it gives me motivation! ♥