His Majesty's Personal Maid - The condition

I'm sorry for the wait! Here is the next chapter for His Majesty's Personal Maid! :D

ENJOY! 

Vote, comment, become a fan! :)

Special thanks to my editor (@courttssx3) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                                   Jack's POV

My father had me working with the soldiers on the simple things of magic, and I must say it's really sad how long it takes for them to get the hang of it. I was working with them for five damn hours just to grasp one simple spell! The second an instructor came by I was out of there; I did not want to spend any more time with those idiotic men who couldn't understand simple concepts. 

I was close to my room when I heard a soft voice speak the word for levitate. I highly doubted a girl could use that spell, much less a lowly maid, but I could clearly see it: the king sized bed suspended in mid air as she swept the space beneath it.

As I walked in she immediately dropped the bed as I spoke to her. "Well, what is a maid such as yourself doing using magic? Especially something that isn't so simple?"

I was quite surprised that she could learn something of that calibre, being only a lowly maid. I stared at her as she seemed to be frozen in place. I guess she was waiting to see if I said anything, so I simply raised a brow as I continued to wait for an answer. 

"I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, your Majesty." Her voice trembled as she tried to sidestep me and walk out the door. But there was no way in hell I was letting her leave this room just yet. Closing the door with a click, I pointed to a chair near the bed. "Sit."

She slowly sunk down into the chair and just stared at me, waiting to see what I was going to say to her. Blinking, I caught myself from staring at her beautiful blue eyes and soft rose colored lips too long. Mentally slapping myself, I quickly said to her in a voice thick with complete and utter sarcasm,  "Now, you know I don't think that's true. I swear I saw that bed levitating." 

She continued to stay silent and I wasn't liking it; it seemed like she was ignoring my existence. So this time I spoke in a more authoritarian laced voice, "Well, considering you did break the rules, you do know what that means, right?"

This got a reaction out of her. Her face paled and I could see her hands were trembling slightly. Suddenly, her eyed filled with tears as she pleaded with me in a small voice,  "Please your Majesty, I can't lose this job. I'm begging you!"

She seemed so small, so delicate all of a sudden. I wasn't going to do anything to her, I just wanted to know how she learned that spell. But now I had this sudden urge to protect her. I needed to keep her in my sight, and that's when the idea came to me.  I could feel myself grin as I spoke to her slowly but surely, "I'll keep it a secret, hell I'll even teach you magic. But with one simple condition." 

She quickly answered me  "I'll do anything!"

I could feel the happiness inside me as I tired to keep my cool. I spoke to her with complete confidence, 

"You become my personal maid".

                                                     Maria's POV

He spoke to me in that tantalizing voice of his "You become my personal maid." 

I wasn't really thinking of what he said. I just sat there and stared at him after he spoke those words. I didn't know exactly what he meant by it, for all I could know it could be for sexual gratification or just plain cleaning for him personally. 

I was a little hesitant at first, but after a few minutes of tossing the idea around my head I decided on my answer. "I'll be your personal maid, your Majesty."

He seemed to be thinking of something as I answered him. A moment later he said "Jack." 

I stared at him and asked a little confused. "What?"

He smiled and looked at me saying with a gentle voice,

"It's Jack, my name is Jack. When we are alone, please call me Jack; your Majesty is too formal and kind of embarrassing."

I smiled back, feeling somewhat comfortable but still slightly guarded just in case. I was repeating his name over and over in my head before realizing that he doesn't know my name. 

As if he he could read my mind, he turned to me and said "What's your name? I don't want to call you maid all the time."

"Maria. Maria Rosario to be exact." I replied as I got up and started to make my way to the door. 

Once again he stopped me, holding onto my hand gently. But he didn't say anything, just stood there holding my still trembling hands within his warm ones. Suddenly, the doors adjacent to us flew open and bounced off the walls with a bang.

"Jack, what the hell are you doing with a maid?!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There it was! :D Hope you enjoyed it! 

Don't forget to Vote, Comment, Become a fan! :D -Scattered_Roses