His Majesty's Personal Maid - The fog is lifting

Maria's P.O.V (Where Kai was sealed)

We had teleported to an isolated location, just Kai and I. He stared at me and looked away quickly. Most likely feeling regret for his betrayal. I waited for him to talk and he opened his mouth a few times but words never came out. I sighed and looked at him and spoke first

"Why did you do that Kai? Why would you help them arrest me for something I didn't do!"

He just stood there in silence at first and after a few minutes he started to speak

"I need you to understand I did this for you! If I help them out you won't need to suffer anymore! he won't be able to use you anymore! They promised to protect you from the organization!"

"Kai, so throwing me to the wolves is your idea of helping me?! They think I lead them to kill the Queen! How is God's name is that helping me?!"

"Yes this is helping you Maria! He can't do anything to you in the kingdom!"

"Kai do you really think I'm so weak I need protection? And what help could that kingdom be anyways? They couldn't even protect their own Queen!"

"No! Maria, I have never thought of you as weak! I am doing this to protect you from doing something that you will regret!"

"What will I regret?"

Before he could say another word a teleportation circle appeared under us and summoned us back to the castle. I was apprehended by the castle guards without resistance and was lead down to the dungeon. I was too preoccupied with my own thoughts to care what they did with me. What was I going to regret? Would my Uncle tell me?

The guards pushed me into the cell and locked it as Zeus approached and spoke in that spine chilling voice

"Whatever the hell you are, does not scare me and just know that if you are connected to my mother's murder I will kill you myself."

I smiled with anger boiling my blood

"I am just the Personal Maid of the second crowned prince. Nothing more but, just so you know, if you try to kill me I will not hold back."

Zeus walked away as the Magus of the Royal Palace set up the seal around the cell and I was again left to my own thoughts. As the minutes turned into hours I contemplated if it would be better to escape and be on the run or to stay here like a caged animal having my fate decided by those who have already branded me a criminal.

"Why don't you just get out?"

"Whose there?!" I said aloud.

"How can you not know?" said the voice with a soft chuckle.

"I can't get out! They sealed me in!"

"That didn't stop you before."

"What do you mean?"

You'll know the truth soon. I don't want to ruin the fun."

And just how the voice had come it had gone, leaving me in the silence to wonder what she meant. I must have dozed off as I heard a loud bang from the door leading to the cell. Kai had walked in with Zeus and Jack in tow. The room was silent until the Magus that locked me up came in with a familiar man, my uncle. When he notice me he let out a hyena like laugh that caught everyone off guard.

"Maria don't you get it yet? You were always meant to live in a cage."

As the laughter faded from his voice a sharp pain struck my mind as all those in front of me became a blur. The last thing I could remember was Jack screaming out my name.

***********************OKAY GUYS! THIS IS WHERE I LEAVE YOU FOR NOW! I HAVE BEEN VERY FOCUSED IN SCHOOL BUT I AM SLOWLY GETTING TOWARDS GRADUATION AND WILL HAVE MORE TIME TO WRITE AGAIN! I WILL BE UPLOADING AGAIN SOON! LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK! :D***************************