His Majesty's Personal Maid - Clarity

RECAP: "Maria don't you get it yet? You were always meant to live in a cage."

As the laughter faded from his voice a sharp pain struck my mind as all those in front of me became a blur. The last thing I could remember was Jack screaming out my name.

Maria's Subconsciousness

"It is boring staying in this new cage, let's break out!" said this voice in the dark abyss that I was sitting in.

"Whose there?" I screamed at the empty void.

"C'mon Maria, it's me, Luc! You made a pact with me, remember? Demon King extraordinaire. I'm the reason you were locked up!" said the voice in the dark abyss, though now there seems to be a light floating from where the voice spoke.

"What are you talking about? Kai was the one locked up in the cage! All I did was bring food to him!" I said desperately as I felt a sharp pain in my head as I recalled the memories of feeding Kai.

"Ha, apparently you have been lying to yourself, haven't you? He was never in that cage my dear, it was you all along. Did you make yourself forget to feel better after you killed the old man to break out? YOU are who everyone is afraid of, don't forget not just anyone can host the Demon King himself!" he chuckled as if enjoying himself with my pain.

"I, I wasn't in the cage! I would remember that! And if I was, why can't I remember?" I could feel my voice cracking as the realization that he could be telling the truth started to sink in.

"That is a story for another time my dear. It is time you wake up and ask, why is the murderer walking free as you are locked up like a criminal, I'll even help you out." Luc said as his voice started to fade and I started to open my eyes again.

Jack's P.O.V

I caught Kai as he was following behind Zeus after they had captured Maria and placed her in the dungeon.

"What the hell?! I thought you were Maria's friend, why the hell are you helping them put her behind bars?!" I felt my anger boiling over as I said this to him.

He shook his hand out of my hold as he sighed "You don't know or understand anything, the queen, the one that was just killed? She was a fake, she is just a mercenary that impersonated your mother. Everyone is aware now; your mother is safe and away from the castle. Pixie, the woman killed, was supposed to help us get Maria back to our village but she switched sides and was killed for it. Maria is a demon's host and a strong one at that. She is a danger to anyone around her and we are taking her back."

I could feel the blood draining from my face as he said this to me. Maria a demon host? I knew she was different, I could feel it but a demon host? I need to get her out. I believe in those eyes, she isn't a bad person, she is just a product of her environment and I'm not about to let her continue to stay there.

I was able to convince my brother to take me with them to the dungeon when a tall gentleman came into the room with Kai. He seemed dangerous and spoke with a scratchy voice "Thank you for catching that slippery snake. As I agreed with the king, I will bring back the queen once I have Maria secured and ready to bring back to the village."

It was a trade?! They were treating her and my mother as nothing but pawns in a chess game! I am getting them both back safely. Maria is mine and I'm not giving her back, not until I can finally talk to her!

Zeus led us down to the dungeon where Maria was locked up and the mystery man slowly approaches her and says "Maria don't you get it yet? You were always meant to live in a cage." Maria seemed to be in pain when she suddenly fainted! I screamed her name but was held back by my brother.

"She'll be fine, she's a monster after all. We still need to speak with her, so we will wait a little bit and see if she wakes up." said the man next to Kai. After several minutes of waiting in excruciating silence, Maria starts to stir from inside the dungeon and slowly sits up. Her eyes glowing a deep red as she stares at the man and says in a voice not her own,

"Good to see you again uncle."  

Thank you all for the sticking with me and sorry for the long wait. I hope you guys have enjoyed this update and can't wait to show you guys were the rest of this story goes! 

Don't forget to like, comment, and follow!