Chapter 8

PYTHOR'S POV 

I know I behaved like a fool. I know that now Aspheera thinks I'm crazy. I don't blame her, I myself, if I could come out of my body in spirit and look at what I was doing, I would most willingly slap myself hard in the face for feeling sorry for myself in front of.... enemy? An partner in crime? I'm not even sure what I should call her anymore.

That alcohol made me so.... disarmed me. I allowed my alert mind to dull for a moment and opened my tightly closed heart to others. And this was a reprehensible mistake on my part, an unacceptable mistake. I, an Anacondrai would never have allowed myself such foolishness and yet.... Why did I do it? Why exactly in front of her?

I'm an adult, and I'm now acting like a child. I shouldn't care at all! Then why am I so concerned about it? I'm worried about what she thinks of me now, however, I shouldn't care, let her think what she wants about me, but still.... I want her to think of me good?

I shook my head vigorously in exasperation and sighed heavily. - Why always me?

- Why always you what? - the voice asked. My eyes opened abruptly and in front of me stood Peacebreaker, who was leaning with her hands on the table and looking at me with a grin as she looked at me curiously.

- Peacebreaker. What a surprise. - I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes. - What do you want?

- Ah, nothing. I escaped from Harumi and her annoying yelling about what a weak warrior I am and so on and.... I'm bored. So I came here. - she said and sat down in front of me with her arms crossed. - I passed Aspheera, who was angry as a wasp. So I thought: what drama did I miss? And I came to see what was going on and do an inspection by the way.

I snorted and rolled my eyes again, looking away from her. Peacebreaker tapped lightly on the table with excitement. - Well, spill the tea! What kind of drama is this? Come on, tell me! It's boring here and I need hot news!

- There is nothing to say. - I replied. - Nothing has happened. Aspheera always walks around so angry at everyone and everything. I don't know what happened to her. - I shrugged my shoulders.

- Suuuuuure. I don't believe in coincidences, Aspheera fell out of the room like an angry bull, and you sat here like you were considering jumping under a train. So...?

I took a deep breath, looking at the corruption with growing irritation. - It's none of your business what happened between Aspheera and me! Don't be interested! - I got up from the table with a hiss. - Besides, since when does a commander like you take an interest in snakes like us.

- Oh come on, Pythor! We are comrades in arms! Besides, if you say what's on your mind, you can more easily continue your lonely, cold-blooded existence. - she replied with humor, spreading her arms wide with a mischievous grin.