NEW LIFE

Sultana was sleeping.
There was another knock on the door. She woke up still dizzy and walked to the door.

"Yes?"she mumbled.

"It's John."

"Who's John?"

"Your husband-to-be."

"I don't know you. Go away." I said sleepily.

She locked the door incase the John tried to do any thing funny, then, she walked away rolling her eyes.

John was still at the door wondering why his girl just ignored him.

JOHN'S POV
   After my violin lesson, I was going back to my house when I saw Joanne crying. She was walking to her home sadly. I was shouting her name but she didn't seem to hear me.

So, I decided to pay her a visit after some time. When I got to her house, I polished my hair because she told me that she loved shiny hair.

I knocked on the door but she denied knowing me. Then she walked away. I guess she was so sad that she lost her memory.

Sultana's POV

After I woke from my siesta, I decided to get ready for school tomorrow. I ironed my uniform and opened my school bag to see if I hadn't done my homework.

Normally, when I was really myself, I was a science student but now I'm an art student. I don't know anything about literature or other art stuff.

"At least I'm not a sickle cell warrior anymore. Joanne should enjoy being me for now."

Joanne's POV

Sultana never told me that she had sickle cell anaemia. No wonder she said that I can't bear being her. She also has short-sightedness, lung cancer, stomach ulcer, asthma and as at the time I was on the hospital bed, measles too.

No wonder she was treated like a princess. Now all I can do now is too look at the ceiling and at Joe. Mum and dad left to get us some food. Joe was pacing from one place to the other, thinking.

He's so caring. Just like John.

"She'll be alright. This should not have happened. I don't think she took her medications today."a nurse said, rubbing my head.

"Sultana, your surgery for the bone marrow transplant hold next week in London. You'll have to travel tomorrow morning."the nurse said to me.

"What surgery?"I said anxiously.

"But you told me last week that you agreed to the surgery."Joe said.