SURGERY/REVENGE

Joanne's POV

"Sultana, you are gonna have to be brave. I have to tell you the truth. This is going to be very very painful. You just have to be strong."the nurse said.

"Okay. I.. I'll try."I said. No one was with me apart from a white woman which was the nurse and one man that looked like he was a South African.

I was giving an Anastasia injection and one other one. Then, I slept off hoping to wake again without pain. At least there's money.........

SULTANA'S POV
As a Christian, and a member of a world famous church, I was trying to locate our fellowship center. Once I got there, I saw John.

"Hey. You came to church?"

"Duh!"

"I just asked, sheesh. You've been behaving strangely since. You did not even send me a feedback. That I asked you to, if you're coming as my mistress of honour for my sister's wedding."

"You have a sister? That's nice."I said sarcastically, walking away.

"Wait now, I have something for you. It's really expensive." The boy said handing me a wrapped box of chocolate.

"Thanks."I mumbled stuffing the box in my bag. I walked away. I caught a glimpse of an evil smile on John's face.

"Does he think he can really trick me? *Hiss* some people."I said. I silently prayed over the chocolates and gave it to a lady with rough hair. She thanked me.

After the fellowship, I looked at my phone and I remembered that the day was meant to be my bone marrow transplant in my real body.

I was about to go back into my house and resume reading the big textbook when the voice I was sick of came again.

"Hey, Joanne, feeling queasy?"

"No John. I'm okay."

"But... But..."

"Butter! Ha! I feel guilty for doing this to you but I can't help it. See ya." I said then, I walked into my house.

I read the textbook then I went to make a supper for myself. Suddenly, I felt so light headed and dizzy and I fell. Like in Indian movies where the actress falls slowly, I felt myself fall slowly, but I didn't hit the floor, I went right through it.

I found myself in a really really shabby apartment with a boy siting on the floor. The boy just happened to be John again!!!

"Take me back."

"I summoned you here."

"How?"

"With the beads on your waist silly."

"Why? And why do I feel so dizzy."

"That's because I am draining your strength."

"You... You can't"

"See. I just have to do this. Mr Titus told me to."

"John. You will die."

-a long silence-

"I said you will die. What rubbish. Summoning someone to drain her energy. Don't you even think? I....."

John slapped my face and cut into my words.

"You don't mean all these things you are saying. Do you?"

"#_#&&_&-&$&&-((+&$$$***"

"W.. what are you saying?"John said nervously.

"*:;:::::::::&$#_&-+-'+&"

"I... I don't understand. I guess I have to take you back."

John clapped his hands and I returned home, my hand still on my cheek. My eyes were red, my head burning hot and my heart hungry for revenge.