Confusion

Joe's POV

I, Joshua Enoch, have to confess!
I am confused!

My first sister, Esther, died(a long story). My second sister, Sultana, died(an even longer story!). For now, I'm telling the longer story from my point of view.
...............................

Sultana Enoch.
Tall
Beautiful
Religious
Friendly
Allergic to orange juice
Slow tempered
Has a weird fashion sense
Has a big heart
Intelligent
Is very good at rolling her eyes
A good cook
Delicate
A good sister

Died due to a dead organ caused by a serious domestic accident on the 7th of August 2021. She was given four days by my parents before they believed that she was dead. Mum did not believe it. She just kept on crying. I had to return to school. Only to come back by April to find my mother pregnant. Dad was unusually happy ever since. On August 2022, we had a remembrance of Sultana. I also graduated from university that year.

I still missed Sultana. Mum gave birth to a girl on AUGUST 1! Dad named her Blessing. She grew up and we had a happy family and forced ourselves to forget the past.

Then, some days after Blessing's birthday, we had Sultana's two-year rememberance ceremony. Many people came to our house to console us. I had already shifted the pain of Sultana's death to the rear of my mind. Though, I had learnt that that was like leaving an injury open.

Warever!

Then, the impossible had to happen. I was rereading a book in the library after I had dropped Blessing off at her playgroup. So, I was deeply engrossed in the book when the double doors opened. I ignored the person. The person came to me. I looked at the person after she(I knew she was a she by her voice) called my name. I looked at her. She looked exactly like Sultana. She had longer hair, glowing skin and well, she was alive. I looked at her, smiled and continued reading.

I mean, why should I believe that Sultana's alive. Maybe I'm just hungry or tired. Why would I suddenly see dead people? Or, *Gulp* Am I gonna die soon?

She sat beside me!

Okay, so she's alive. But she can't be my sister. Can she? Meh!

She shook my shoulders and called my name.

I looked at her.

She is my sister. Abi? No! I have to check where she was buried.

I left the house. I went to the place place she was buried. Before leaving, I saw Dad sitting on the floor of his room looking heartbroken/sad or something.

Serves him right!

I walked there.

A small crowd was at the entrance. I took a step forward at glanced over the head of a tall man. I was taller.

Lemme not talk too much...but, I am tall, handso..... Argh! The author is angry already. No mind her. In fact, I want to feature in a story... All about me. (Dreamily exhales)

Ouch! (Author gave me a side eye)

So, I glanced at what they were looking at and my heart stopped.

THE GRAVE WAS OPEN!!! IT WAS DUG OPEN!

Are you kidding me?!

I ran home. I ran the library. She wasn't there. I ran to my room, she wasn't there. I ran to Mum's room, she was there.

I was angry.
Why?
Well, that is because, it cannot happen. It is impossible. Jeez!

I told her that she was dead and couldn't be here. Then, I left.

I needed therapy, so I went out to my friend's house.

Alive! Not in my wildest dreams.

Sultana's POV

Who is this girl?

I had been wondering and pondering.

She has a room here. She has some pictures here. No, she couldn't be living here. Could she? Nah!

Yes she is. A gentle voice that gave me goosebumps whispered.

Oh, sweet Holy Spirit, who is she?

She is your sister.

(Play some dramatic music)

My eyes widened.

What the.....?

What the...., what?

I'm sorry. I was just surprised.

Mind your language. Read your Bible more.
A pause
Your name is Grace.

Yes, Lord. Thank you Lord.

Then, I continued washing the dishes. After, I went to my room. I picked up my phone. Yes, the date was correct. I was dead for two years.

Wonderful. No wonder no one believed. Really, even if it was a minute after someone was buried, I wouldn't have believed. At all! Now, here I was sixteen.
Does my age still count? Am I still in grade 11? What about my friends? What about John and Joanne and Desmond and Destiny?

Anyways, I went downstairs and hugged my parents. I just felt like doing it. Don't blame me. Love flows through my veins. The love of God .♡