WHISPERS....?

Joe's POV

I've never been this heartbroken before.

Mum and Dad put Sultana's body in the cemetery because Dad wanted her body out of the house. Just saying or hearing the word 'cemetery' makes me shudder in fear.

God why......? Where are you? Are you seeing this and remaining quiet? Why are you not doing anything? Why are you making me so sad? Why? Are you really up there? If you are, why are you silent? Why did you let Sultana die? 
*Sobs*

I was in the library. I was not reading. I was trying to clear my head from all the questions I threw up to whoever was up there. Then, I felt it seemed right to at least look through a book. I was to resume back at my university for my 200 level really soon and I hadn't read anything. I just had a week to stay home. My university was in the same state in Nigeria unlike my friends' universities.

So, I picked a book. It looked unopened. It was old but new, in the sense that no one had opened or even touched it before (apart from the person that put it there duh! )

I opened to a random page and I saw this

☞ GOD IS A myth

I drew my breath in.

This is certainly the answer to all my problems.

I sat down and read that book till the end. It had three hundred pages. Though, it was nothing compared to the huge books and lengthy e-novels that my friend Sarah reads in one sitting.

Then, I had to meet Genevieve, my friend.

I went downstairs. Dad was in the living room. I left. Who needs to tell him where I'm going? I still had a strong feeling that Dad has something to do with Sultana's death.

Gen's house wasn't too far from mine. I walked there trying to put all that I had read together.

He wasn't home.

'Argh! God why?!'

I called John to break the news to him.

I went back home.

I missed hearing her sing, pray and talk.
With all the commitment to God, he still let her die.
ಠ⁠_⁠ಠ

I'm so confused

Yes you are.

Who's there?

It's me... Jesus. Do not be confused. Sultana is not dead.

ಠಿ⁠_⁠♪so confused♪⁠  She's dead okay. You don't have to remind me.

She's not dead.

Through out the day, I kept hearing the whispers She's not dead..... ' I kept getting angrier.