The Feeling Of Something Unusual

Joanne's POV

Guilt weighing me down, I went to Sultana's House. Joe was not home. I met his Dad who opened the gate for me to enter.

He was smiling.

"I have been expecting you."

What?!

"Sir, how come and why?"

"Don't you remember? I directed you to my brother to kill whoever you wanted to kill. I didn't know it was Sultana. It's good anyway. I was planning to do that too. Anyways, let's plan her burial. It has to be quick. I suspect something unusual about to happen."

I felt this guilt creep out of me and I felt my old self return. I smiled.

"Okay sir, let's plan it."

Then, someone knocked outside.

I went to check.

It was Joe. He looked sad but once he saw me, his face changed from sad to angry.

"What are you doing here?"

His frown was cute. Blame my hormones but I really like Joe.
He's tall, handsome and smart. John had changed. He goes to church. Yes, he is a pastor's son but we worked together to bring the church down. It was fun but, recently, he hasn't been responding. At least I have Joe.

"I said what are you doing here?" He said angrily

"I came to check on you guys. I heard that Sultana died. Eh yah! Your dad is inside. He......."

"Excuse me." He said moving me back and entering the compound. He walked into the house and gave me a death stare.

I locked the gate and walked inside. I took my bag and told Mr Enoch that I was ready to leave. He disagreed and told me to sit while John marched upstairs.

"So, what do you suggest?"

"It should be a small burial not to attract many people."

"When do you suggest it should happen?"

"Next week?"

"That's good. You can leave now."

He followed me outside and locked the gate.